Boscam FPV

Reaction score
Has anyone added a separate camera and used one of the boscam 2.4g video tx/rc from ebay?

I have a gopro silver for the camera to start.

I am waiting for that setup right now..I have the camera just waiting for the Boscam TS321 and receiver ,small monitor and a cradle to bolt it all onto on the back of the radio...

I just picked up the tx/rx. Need to find a video output cable and figure out a monitor and mount. Trying to do yhis on the cheap. Any suggestions

If my monitor is OK it cost USD 23 ... 4.5" display needs 12v power so I'll be using a 2500 mah battery to run it and the receiver
velcroed to the stand .. All up my FPV is going to cost USD 110 plus another $20 or so for some cables with plugs and sockets already on them ... Once I get it going I will attempt OSD / GPS hookup ...
Forgot $20 for the mini camera ..
Mandrake

Thanks. Will look today for monitor and gopro cable, may just get new minicam insread. Which cam did you get

I have a boscam 5.8 Ghz, 250mw setup. I'm using a Mobius action cam. Yep. It was all done "on the cheap". Total $140 or so for the Rx, Tx and Camera. However, I've added the base fatshark goggles, which cost more than everything else. LOL

GoPro cable has arrived... Gotta love Amazon prime. Order stuff while drinking late at night.. boxes show up next day... Incredible.

Still waiting on transmitter/receiver. Just realized I need to figure out a way to power everything....

Debating on 7" monitor.... and mount. Need power for it also..

Just thinking out loud...

Im builiding the same setup, i have $70 gimbal, will return gopro to the store and get sj4000 go pro clone, i just bought boscam 2.4ghz tx/rx, and cloverleaf antennas, need to figure out lcd screen that is bright enought for daytime flying and lcd mount

peterek said:
Im builiding the same setup, i have $70 gimbal, will return gopro to the store and get sj4000 go pro clone, i just bought boscam 2.4ghz tx/rx, and cloverleaf antennas, need to figure out lcd screen that is bright enought for daytime flying and lcd mount

If you find a monitor with a traditional mounting hole, the mount from this thread is perfect. I used it until I hot my base fatshark.

viewtopic.php?t=6239

dkr77573 said:
I have a boscam 5.8 Ghz, 250mw setup. I'm using a Mobius action cam. Yep. It was all done "on the cheap". Total $140 or so for the Rx, Tx and Camera. However, I've added the base fatshark goggles, which cost more than everything else. LOL

You are using a 5.8 Ghz FPV system with an FC40? How is that working? My understanding has always been that one can't use video equipment using the same frequency range as the quad.

darwin-t said:
dkr77573 said:

You are using a 5.8 Ghz FPV system with an FC40? How is that working? My understanding has always been that one can't use video equipment using the same frequency range as the quad.

No. I have a phantom 1.1 too. Also, you're right to worry about interference between a 5.8 Ghz vTx and a 5.8Ghz control.

I have the FC40 as well and I'm looking for a way to do the FPV set-up through my Go Pro 3.

I like the 4" or 7" monitor link from amazon that was shown earlier.

Can I get a 2.4 boscam transmitter? What else do I need to connect it to the Go Pro and what do I need on the receiver end?

Anyone got this working with the FC40?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4