Blurry Video? 1080 60fps 100iso 120SS

Reaction score
Just took my first waypoint mission via Litchi... not sure why things are so blurry, as well as colors appear to need some serious correction.

I used a ND4 Filter, with the settings of D-Log; 1080x60fps iso100, and SS 100... but my video just seems incredibly blurry/dark.

I have not done any post work; so maybe thats the problem - I just couldn't help but think the video is supposed to be much sharper than this.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Jon

For a start you really shoulf have your shutter at twice or more the frame raye to avoid obvious blur (and closer to two times to avoid jello). You may be underexposed overall also.

Ah crap; I meant to put 120SS in the body (like the title says).

Maybe underexposed overall though as you mentioned.

Along with that, it appeared very overcast and ND filters are usually for very bright days. On an overcast day I usually just use the provided UV lens. Good luck.

what are scopes?
Most editors have displays that show a number of important parameters - think histogram on steroids. If this is an unfamiliar concept, not to worry - the lowly histogram will get you far. An the OPs image is way underexposed. Two stops at least. All cameras hate underexposure, especially little tiny ones.

The DJI Go app actually has a fairly good system for evaluating exposure. The histogram is easy to use and you can place the spot exposure point wherever you like. In the OPs video, he has the classic conundrum - light sky and dark ground. The camera decided to place the sky at mid exposure or something near that. Nice sunset but crappy everything else. When you underexpose, you lose detail - no photons. You just have to be careful setting the exposure. It's important.

Thank you for all the comments.

I flew again this past weekend, using just the stock P3A Filter, at 1080x60fps, 100iso, and 120 SS speed (before changing it to a higher speed to compensate for overexposure). Definitely needed a ND on for this time...

Video image still doesn't look very good to me, or maybe I'm just driving myself crazy now?

Obviously have to get better at this...

Your ND Filter is doing its job - blurring moving objects.
In a still photo, if the shutter is left open, it's able to capture "movement", in this case, the water.
ND%20Filter.jpg

Apply the still photo ND filter theory to every frame of your video, it will cause blurry motion throughout your video.

Last edited:
Just took my first waypoint mission via Litchi... not sure why things are so blurry, as well as colors appear to need some serious correction.

I used a ND4 Filter, with the settings of D-Log; 1080x60fps iso100, and SS 100... but my video just seems incredibly blurry/dark.

I have not done any post work; so maybe thats the problem - I just couldn't help but think the video is supposed to be much sharper than this.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks,

Jon

Go on youtube and take 5-10 minutes and learn how to tweak the Histogram feature. It will help eliminate a lot of the guessing when setting up the camera for sunny and cloudy days. It is also very easy to adjust when needed.

Your ND Filter is doing its job - blurring moving objects.
In a still photo, if the shutter is left open, it's able to capture "movement", in this case, the water.
ND%20Filter.jpg

Apply the still photo ND filter theory to every frame of your video, it will cause blurry motion throughout your video.

I'd like to see a pic from the P3 as nice as this one here above.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20