bloody annoying...

Reaction score
Cant remember if this group have official tech sup from DJI, I know one of the groups does.. anyway, my problem is with my Crystal Sky Ultra... I can't get the default map to show my actual location... it defaults to Berlin and on the DJI Pilot it defaults to China... driving me nuts... time/date/lolcation time zone all show Hawaii... any help apreciated

Have you turned on location services in the settings menu, you also might need to go outside for the GPS to connect

Reactions: ecolumbia999
Aloha Iannes... Mahalo for your reply... yes that was the first thing I thought of also... I have also done a factory reset... and I have flown with it a half dozen times... love the monitor... this is just bloody aggravating to have to scroll 1/2 way around the world to be on my home map...

I believe you must have already downloaded the local map in Dji Go4 as well

Yep... did that... first thing... sad to say no Aerial maps, just simple street maps... but even that doesn't work... this really has me stumped been flying for over 2 years now with my 2 iPads no problem...

Yep... did that... first thing... sad to say no Aerial maps, just simple street maps... but even that doesn't work... this really has me stumped been flying for over 2 years now with my 2 iPads no problem...

On the location page in the settings, it tells you app have made a location request is DJI Go4 one of them ?
Have you side loaded any apps that use the GPS to test it out, e.g google maps.

I also heard that some apps only work with "device only" selected in the location, I notice with my CS in DJI Go4 that the map does start from somewhere strange and has to scroll a long way to find my location.

Thank you... Only DJI Update was requesting.
Haven't loaded google maps yet... strange thing is when I go to Find My drone... it loads the correct map...
Had "Location" set to HIGH... have switched it to "Device Only" and tomorrow will check it out... Mahalo for your help - going to relax ;) now and watch some tv... b4 bed.

I'm clutching at straws, but maybe a compass calibration, from the CS settings menu.

Have you done the full reset

Settings/ Backup and Reset/ Factory Data Reset /Reset this device.

I can understand the default to China since DJI is based there. However anyone know why one of the apps defaults to Berlin?

I think you have a faulty CS, several people have had GPS issues with the actual CS GPS it's, apparently it's not powerful enough. So a return might be in order

The home point GPS lock comes from the AC GPS, not the CS.

A way to test the CS GPS is to side load a app that uses a gps signal. e.g uav forecast and see if it
can find your location, when only the CS is on.

On the CS, when you open the Go App, tap the drone icon next to the little house. Go down to the three dots (…) and tap that. Go down to where it says Enable Amap for China Mainland and turn that off then close out of the Go App and I think I did a factory reset on the CS and when I powered it back up, my local maps were showing in the Go App. I do remember turning off that option about China or Japan though.

Turning off the Mainland China Maps did the trick for me on the Pro Plus Controller so that maybe a quick Fix , before I did that it kept asking me for a China Phone Number . good call Chuck.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik