blob on camera?

Reaction score
Hi there,

Please can anyone help me as to what is the likely problem here? - I cant see any problems or dirt on the camera on my P3P, but in my last video there is a big blob in the video (see from 2.58 minutes in to this video
and you will see the blob on the left towards the bottom left corner of the screen).

Does anyone know what this is caused by? And if so how to get rid of it - I am a complete amateur in terms of filming, to me it looks like dirt on the lens but I can't see any...!

Many thanks,

Paul

It definitely looks like some sort of smudge probably on the UV filter. Did you take it off and look through it? A finger print could cause this. Also, the overall sharpness of that segment looks much poorer than the earlier segments where you were filming the location. Did you can change any of the settings? Or did anything happen to the bird? Some video editing software will allow you to tweak the sharpness, but how much you can fix a problem is limited.

I did watch it a couple of times and what may have look like a blob, "Not saying it was not" Almost appeared to me like a small drop of water on a go pro lens. The blob issue is temporary and a water spot would have persevered throughout the sequence following the wave and rapid assent The shot sequence scene Starting @ 2:58 appeared to me to be somewhat over exposed due to a slower then optimal shutter speed, I did see more motion blur than I would have expected. The Gentleman on the camera left is waving his hand while the boys hat seems to be blooming. Since the exposure @ 2:53 (Bride and Groom walking ) is rock solid, it's safe to assume that it's the same exposure used @ 2:58 which was extremely over exposed, (Her dress is completely blown out) and her face is washed out, This exposure seems to continue through 5:12 Tent roof way overexposed.

Almost looks like what happens to eyeglasses when walking from an air conditioned environment to a warmer outside environment.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik