blinking lights

Reaction score
I've installed a taco gimbal on my vision, and preformed a compass calibration. Before for my test flight yesterday, I couldn't get it to go full green before I took off. It was more of something like green-green-red-Green-green-red-green-green. Once I got in the air, it looked to be all green and the flight went flawless. So what gives?

GLOCKer said:
I've installed a taco gimbal on my vision, and preformed a compass calibration. Before for my test flight yesterday, I couldn't get it to go full green before I took off. It was more of something like green-green-red-Green-green-red-green-green. Once I got in the air, it looked to be all green and the flight went flawless. So what gives?

Sounds like you might have switched into Naza Mode and are getting the Naza-M-V2 led signals? Until you hit 6 sats you won't get a plain green signal in Naza mode...

Ok, that makes sense as I had to click something with a naza message to be able to make the final changes in the software. Do I need to somehow turn it back on? What does it do?

Have a search for NAZA mode - basically it gives you access to Intelligent Orientation Control, atti mode and some other features but changes the light signals. If you want to keep the additional features and are comfortable with everything then leave as is. To revert back just go to home page of Assistant and click top right where it says NAZA and it will change back to PHANTOM mode which will be as it came out of the box.

Thanks for the replies guys! I had to change the mode for the software to give me the option boxes to change the gimbal settings for my Taco gimbal. If I change the mode back, will the changes be retained by my Phantom?

You can change modes back and forth any time. I don't know for certain if it keep settings like that carried over - try it and see. If it doesn't work in standard Phantom Mode you can easily switch back - then just get to grips with the new lights and the other features (in case you either want to use them or accidentally switch them on and don't think you're having a flyaway!).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20