blinking green lcd

Reaction score
Just got my Phantom 2 about a hour ago.
Did the upgrades and just had a brief test flight. The green lcd's on the bottom of the phantom continually blinked where as the red ( I think) stayed on and did not blink. What is this telling me? I am coming from the QX350 Blade when blinking wasn't a good thing.

Thanks,
Ronnie

The red in the front is always a solid red where the back blinking green is good. You don't want to fly until you have it blinking all green in the back when in gps mode... If you read the instructions it explains what all of the blinking means.

jetdust said:
The red in the front is always a solid red where the back blinking green is good. You don't want to fly until you have it blinking all green in the back when in gps mode... If you read the instructions it explains what all of the blinking means.

I wasn't sure if the manual was referring to the lights on the battery or under the phantom. Thanks, guess I am good to go.

whoops.. yes.. the underbelly lights is what I was referring to.. lol.. forgot about the battery light.

I have a different problem. On my Phantom 2 Vision, once I have GPS lock, the the green flashes once, slowly, and I know I'm good-to-go. But on my new Phantom 2 with GoPro, the green flashes twice quickly, with a pause between the two quick flashes. I have looked and looked but have not come across any explanation for how to interpret when the green flashes twice, rapidly. Can anyone help me understand what is going on? I'm afraid to fly without knowing what the flashes are telling. I do have a readout on my FPV screen that says "GPS" but I just don't trust what is going. I'm nervous after having crashed my P2V.

Thanks!!

The PH2 will blink green once slowly once it has locked onto at least 7 satellites in GPS mode with no controller stick input. As soon as any stick input is given, it will blink green twice, over and over, until the sticks are again zero'd. So if yours is blinking twice while its idling on the ground, without touching the sticks, you may need to calibrate your controller.

tawd77 said:
The PH2 will blink green once slowly once it has locked onto at least 7 satellites in GPS mode with no controller stick input. As soon as any stick input is given, it will blink green twice, over and over, until the sticks are again zero'd. So if yours is blinking twice while its idling on the ground, without touching the sticks, you may need to calibrate your controller.

Tawd77, thank you for the prompt reply. I will do a calibration to see if that results in a slowly blinking green light. And yes, this is happening while idling on the ground and for that reason I have not flown the copter yet. Thanks again!

tawd77 said:

Problem solved!! Thank you tawd77. If the sticks are not zeroed the slowly blinking green changes to a rapidly blinking green while GPS lock remains. I'm so glad this forum has so many knowledgeable members!!

RickF said:
tawd77 said:

Problem solved!! Thank you tawd77. If the sticks are not zeroed the slowly blinking green changes to a rapidly blinking green while GPS lock remains. I'm so glad this forum has so many knowledgeable members!!

Glad that fixed your problem. happy flying!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1