Blades that don't make noise

Don't they have stealth helicopters?

They are billion dollar machines, not $1000 drones. Also, they are more quite, not silent.

Sound is a byproduct of a blade slicing through air. It's going to create a level of noise. I'm betting DJI has tried 3 and and 4 blade props and not used them for a reason.
I would agree

Broader and longer blades with low speed rotations can give low noise operations but such a design will not be good for quick maneuvers. One has to make a balance between noise, thrust, speed range and dynamics. Probably DJI came up with this design for the motors selected.

Drones for transportation can be designed for low noise operations as they don't need wide speed variations.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: David Saunders
Up here we use longer props, with less pitch. They cycle up faster, and lose speed faster. Makes landing and take offs on short strips safer. They are called bore props. But, there is a trade off.
My example was that they can be quieter, helio prop. You don't have to be to smart to know that a prop slicing through the air makes sound. It is demonstrated every day to us. That IS the issue, but what is the solution? That is why I mentioned the helio. Every day uses have come from these forms of advance technology. Especially from people with open and inquisitive minds. You still have the engine sound, but that isn't the topic.

Reactions: David Saunders
If your props have rough edges, you might be able to cut down the sound a little by sanding the edges. Check out this thread.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj