Blade springs

Reaction score
hi, I got a set of composite blades for a gift, they came with metal plate things to replace the existing springs , the new blades do fit on the original parts , so I wonder is there any need to use the new parts supplied with the blades or are the new metal plates that replace the springs a superior part? Any help would be great.

Attachments

• IMG_5284.JPG
    IMG_5284.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 308
I cannot say what the purpose of the metal plates are. As has been discussed here many times, non OEM propellers are a risky bet. You don't know anything about the manufacturer or how they will perform. One failure and you will have lost your entire investment. DJI has learned a lot about making drones and propellers over the years. I believe if they could have come up with propellers that would increase performance in any way they would be installed on their drones. In your case the free blades could prove to be very expensive in the long run. Good luck.

That leaf type spring in the picture is the older style. The newer style spring which is thought to be superior is a coil type spring around the center metal post.

Here's a pic of the newer style which is currently available at dji
dji_cp_pt_000616_p4p_part_79_propeller_1324825.jpg

Last edited:
hi, I got a set of composite blades for a gift, they came with metal plate things to replace the existing springs , the new blades do fit on the original parts , so I wonder is there any need to use the new parts supplied with the blades or are the new metal plates that replace the springs a superior part? Any help would be great.

My helpful advice: ask for the receipt and return those props. There's very little desire for anything other than the stock props

thanks for the replies, i just wanted a set of black blades to match the decal i put on the drone. so can i get dji brand props that are black for my p4p? im in australia

I think that the carbon fiber prop are black. They are more stiff as the original ones. I had them on P3A. They are a bit faster, although not a big difference.
They are louder. And particular you must be aware they can do much more harm if the drone eventually hit somebody or something.

thanks for the replies, i just wanted a set of black blades to match the decal i put on the drone. so can i get dji brand props that are black for my p4p? im in australia

DJI sells black props for the Obsidion model. I have a set of black props I bought from Best Buy about a year ago when they had the exclusive on selling black P4s, before the Obsidion P4 was released. Do you have Best Buy stores there?

Black blades are cool and I like it. But the visibility of the drone might be affected as black blades are almost invisible when spinning.
Maybe I'll tested this some day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4