blade lifespan

Reaction score
Is there a lifetime for phantom 2 blades? For example, should I replace my blades after every 200 flights (no crashes).?

tbwester said:
Is there a lifetime for phantom 2 blades? For example, should I replace my blades after every 200 flights (no crashes).?

When they are:
  • Damaged
  • Warped (perhaps due to heat)
  • Show even a HINT of a stress crack (perhaps due to a lot of crazy maneuvering attempts)
  • Off balance (for whatever reason) and not able to be re-balanced
  • Fraying on the ends

The DJI blades seem pretty decent, and are a lot less brittle than the aftermarket blades, so, they seem less problematic, and I've seen recommendations saying that they shouldn't need arbitrary replacement at some arbitrary number.

Other blades, like the carbon fiber ones, and a couple of the carbon plastic composite ones (or laminated combos) are something else entirely, and I've heard they should be replaced on some regular flight schedule (which will vary depending on which manufacturer/materials/blades we are talking about). Sometimes, they start to split apart in layers, and the fatigue of that type isn't noticeable until you're flying and the blade is falling apart (leading to a fun crash).

Best,
Rob

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik