Blackpearl monitor 7inch

Reaction score
just setup my fpv, i have immersion 600 long range and the blackpearl monitor however im getting very poor picture quality with the monitor and phantom sitting next to each other? i dont know what settings my monitor needs to be set up to? please can someone help on what channel and mode and all of that is best to use??
cheers

By defaut the IRC600 ships on Ch 1 5740 MHz. Make sure the BP is set to Band F channel 1 so they match.

ok well thats what its set to at the minute but the picture quality is so bad like really faded. should my gopro be on pal or ntsc?

Well that is up to you. As long as both the GoPro and BP are set the same. Normally in the US you want it set for NTSC and in the UK we use PAL.

hmmm yeh ok. ill try fully charging the monitor, do you reckon this could be a problem?

What Xgeek said: are they both on the same format that is pal or NTSC?

I doubt the charging of the monitor will help.

A word of caution be sure you have an antenna on the Immersion transmitter, the Black pearl should not have an antenna if you are that close.

the transmitter antenna is on as i read it could damage it poered on without the antenna. just tested taking off the two antennas on the monitor but still the same poor quality??

How poor?. Here is a picture I just took of my BP with the Phantom sitting in front of the controller.

Attachments

• 2014-06-03_21-36-10.jpeg
    2014-06-03_21-36-10.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 529
Here's a photo pointing at the laptop it's no where near as clear as yours

Attachments

• mm.jpg
    mm.jpg
    570.8 KB · Views: 616
max01726 said:
Here's a photo pointing at the TV it's no where near as clear as yours

LOL you are right about that. I can't even see it :lol:

sorry its up there now. ha the pic is a bit too big though! its strange because it was a lot clearer than this when i first set it up then took it for a quick flight which was good until the picture started getting worse

You sure they are both set to PAL?. Also did you buy a pre made cable to go from the IRC600 to the P2 main board or did you make your own?

Just a long shot - have you looked through the BP menus. There may be a setting to invert colours? Away from mine ATM so can't check...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The photo you shot is zoomed way in so it will look distorted. It also is pushed way to the right & I can only see a small portion of the laptop screen. BTW, the Pearl monitor is not really very high resolution. If you're use to looking at HD TV these days, you will be a bit let down with the quality of the FPV monitor. Most folks use FPV for framing their video they're shooting and to view where the Phantom is if it's out of visual range. That's about all I expect out of my FPV. I think you have to invest nearly $2000 for an FPV system that is truly HD.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik