Black vs. White dampers

Reaction score
Easy to see what could go wrong with using rubber dampers that are too hard, but what's the potential harm is using ones that are too soft?

Eos630 said:
Easy to see what could go wrong with using rubber dampers that are too hard, but what's the potential harm is using ones that are too soft?
White i started with black and got vibrations , so went to white have not noticed it

RUSHNREADY DJI said:
Eos630 said:
White i started with black and got vibrations , so went to white have not noticed it
There is actually movement now i have the white think they maybe too soft i will try the grey ones and see

I read on another thread here that the best combination is to use the black dampers for the front and back spots, and the white for either side. I use it on my rig and it's been great, little to no shake at all (unless I'm in high wind/flying a bit erratically, naturally). Give that a shot and see how it goes.

-Keeganator

keeganator said:
I read on another thread here that the best combination is to use the black dampers for the front and back spots, and the white for either side. I use it on my rig and it's been great, little to no shake at all (unless I'm in high wind/flying a bit erratically, naturally). Give that a shot and see how it goes.

-Keeganator
There only four needed i dont understand how you can use the black for the front and back spots and black for the sides there is only front and back ones four in total

RUSHNREADY DJI said:
There only four needed i dont understand how you can use the black for the front and back spots and black for the sides there is only front and back ones four in total

You use two of each. One black damper each for the nose and the tail sides, one white damper on each of the "wing" sides. 2 black + 2 white = 4 damperooskis.

This combination gives you the least jitter/wobble/whathaveyou IMO, but I'd encourage you to test out different configurations yourself. Let us know if you have different results!

-Keeganator

There are two types of gimbal brackets depending on what its being mounted to. One is an x, the other is a +; I believe he's talking about the + formation. The P2's have x gimbal mounts.

Hope this helps to clear up the confusion!

mcmax20 said:
There are two types of gimbal brackets depending on what its being mounted to. One is an x, the other is a +; I believe he's talking about the + formation. The P2's have x gimbal mounts.

Hope this helps to clear up the confusion!
lol yeah confused dot come i have now put on the grey ones two front and two back. will see how that goes black = to much vibration white equals to much movement .... willreport on how these go

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic