Black screen vision 2

Reaction score
Gday have a vision 2 did up grades on everything and know have left with a black screen everything is functional just carnt FPV someone help me please cheers!

Reactions: Tracy Conway
Try to rebinding the extender to phantom!

Sounds like the lost binding during the update!

J Dot

There is a YouTube video on how to perform the procedure.

Try to rebinding the extender to phantom!

Sounds like the lost binding during the update!

J Dot

There is a YouTube video on how to perform the procedure.
Hey mate cheers for the reply, yes i did try that think i did it right, did it from the app said to scan barcode under drone did that still the same, absolutely everything works perfect have all the telemetry on phone app takes stills video just no image on on sreen?

Make sure white wire on camera is pushed ALL the way in. Next make sure it is in wifi mode.
Next
change PREVIEW SETTINGS IN APP to ( 640x480 15fps )

Lastly
Delete app from phone, power cycle your phone, reinstall app!

Lastly
Try reinstalling fc200 firmware to camera egg, you do this with a SD CARD.

YouTube videos about how to do it!

Let us know what you find?

J Dot

Make sure white wire on camera is pushed ALL the way in. Next make sure it is in wifi mode.
Next
change PREVIEW SETTINGS IN APP to ( 640x480 15fps ) k will do mate thanks heaps appreciate you giving me your advice and time be in touch soon cheers!

Lastly
Delete app from phone, power cycle your phone, reinstall app!

Lastly
Try reinstalling fc200 firmware to camera egg, you do this with a SD CARD.

YouTube videos about how to do it!

Let us know what you find?

J Dot

I've seen my problem all over the internet and now it has happened to me. Everything is working except that I get a black screen on my phone in lieu of what the camera is seeing. Camera works as it can take photos and video but you cannot see what it is seeing. All I read is that the updated app that we've all downloaded doesn't work.

Anyone have a fix for it yet?

Gday have a vision 2 did up grades on everything and know have left with a black screen everything is functional just carnt FPV someone help me please cheers!
FIXED FIXEDFIXED
Hi, just fixed mine today I had been struggling with fpv for almost a year. Sometimes it worked straight away, sometimes I had to restart & it would work, but for the last 3 months I had no fpv at all. Everything else worked, I could take pictures, record video & upload after landing. I tried android/ iPhone/ iPad with the same result. No live picture ! Checked all the forums, updated iPhone app countless times, updated camera firmware, phantom firmware you name it. None of the updates made any difference. Tried rebidding the camera, no good . After reading lots about the phantom 2+ I decided to check the wifi card. This is where the +2 & vision differs. The +2 has the wifi card built into the body of the phantom whereas the vision has the wifi card integrated in the camera. Mine is the vision. I decided to strip the camera to check for loose connections or fried card. I stripped the whole camera which is not difficult, there are a couple of YouTube videos to refer to. Having checked the camera & electronic boards I couldn't find anything that was obviously faulty. I am a glorified electrician by trade & I did study industrial electronics in the 80s but I am definately NOT an electronics whizz kid. Having said that it was pretty straight forward to dismantle & everbody with a little patience could do the job. So it is worth checking. After reassembly it still did not work ! I decided the to buy a new/used replacement camera. A new camera cost about $499, £350 or kr3600 here in Norway. I found a used 1 on eBay & paid $120 . It came with a warrantee/ replace if faulty or money back ! It arrived today, after rebounding the camera I got a message to calibrate the compass, checked the camera & EVERYTHING WORKS Tried the fpv on all resolution settings & it works on all of them. I have not test flown yet but will do tomorrow WP ! If you have tried all the usual, meaning updates/ firmware/ rebinding / checked connections & cables then this could be your problem ! As I stated earlier I could steer the camera, take pictures & video & upload from the camera with the app I thought the camera must be working, the wifi must be working correctly. WRONG ! After months of frustration I have a fully working vision again. Hope this helps

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCif
i think cause of wrong design the wifi chip goes bad in this type (to much heat, not eligible vent) i think this cause i have the same problem but if i use it in very cold conditions than the fpv works.

i think cause of wrong design the wifi chip goes bad in this type (to much heat, not eligible vent) i think this cause i have the same problem but if i use it in very cold conditions than the fpv works.

Hi TheCif, you could be right there. When I checked my camera/wifi card I noticed that there is an inbuilt fan at the top of the camera, I checked mine by unscrewing the side camera fixing screw & detaching the camera from the mount. If you use a small strip of paper you can turn the power to the camera on & carefully push the paper into the the fan, you hear the blades of the fan touching the paper. My fan was ok, there was also plenty of heat sink paste on the card. If the fan fails I guess this would overheat. The original wifi card inside the +2 has been modified & now comes with lots of holes drilled in it to let the heat out so it has definately been improved by dji. Hope yours is working OK.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20