Black screen of death - me too now !

Reaction score
Having been ill for quite a while (which is why I haven't posted in ages) I'm on the mend and took my 2+ out of storage for some xmas shooting
Now I haven't used it for 12 months or so and only used it a few times since buying it, as I on; fly on Easter, Xmas etc type events these days.
So I power it all up as usual and the dreaded black screen !
Well, that was goodbyte to xmas pics...

Endless research ,as per other posts, hasn't really turned up much in the way of solutions.

Given the lack of use and cost of the beastie, I'm asking the seller here in Oz to 'do the right thing' as far as repair goes even though it's out of warranty, but should be a valid claim under ACL here if it has to go that far.
I'm going to push on this one !
My original V2 flew away by itself so having the replacement package work for an hour is leaving a bad taste.

Anyway - by the looks of it the 2nd wifi board is the issue going by numerous other posts but why it would corrupt/fail from a few flights worth of use is crazy !

I am wondering if a hard reset of the bird would reset it though - that's the one thing no-one seems to have tried so far.

Anyone ?

Failing that, a good 2nd hand wifi for V2+ would be nice if anyone has one or can advise on someone that has one for sale, or even someone who can reprogram the chip.

Cheers

Yes I did but no different...

I'm now looking at the Arduino RS232 reflash board approach.

For anyone that's done it:
There are quite a few variants out there for different Arduino versions.
Does it really matter ?

Having been ill for quite a while (which is why I haven't posted in ages) I'm on the mend and took my 2+ out of storage for some xmas shooting
Now I haven't used it for 12 months or so and only used it a few times since buying it, as I on; fly on Easter, Xmas etc type events these days.
So I power it all up as usual and the dreaded black screen !
Well, that was goodbyte to xmas pics...

Endless research ,as per other posts, hasn't really turned up much in the way of solutions.

Given the lack of use and cost of the beastie, I'm asking the seller here in Oz to 'do the right thing' as far as repair goes even though it's out of warranty, but should be a valid claim under ACL here if it has to go that far.
I'm going to push on this one !
My original V2 flew away by itself so having the replacement package work for an hour is leaving a bad taste.

Anyway - by the looks of it the 2nd wifi board is the issue going by numerous other posts but why it would corrupt/fail from a few flights worth of use is crazy !

I am wondering if a hard reset of the bird would reset it though - that's the one thing no-one seems to have tried so far.

Anyone ?

Failing that, a good 2nd hand wifi for V2+ would be nice if anyone has one or can advise on someone that has one for sale, or even someone who can reprogram the chip.

Cheers

reflashing the board is very easy, you just need to be able to understand DOS and how to use a command prompt, ive fixed 10-12 units with the flash method, the board you need is, assuming your australian

FT232RL FTDI USB to TTL Serial Adaptor Module for Arduino/Colorduino AU STOCK | eBay

and the guide is here

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus Blank Screen Corrupt NAND fix

as long as your good with soldering and remember that TX goes to RX and vice versa then you should have it working in 1 hour

best of luck

Ahhh... you've got to laugh at this...
The response from the seller was to to do the Auduino RS232 reflash !!!
Warranty? Nope. A 4 digit price tags doesn't justify a 3 year parts availability from the date of release supposedly.
Now imagine ANY other consumer product that did that. The manufacturer would be crucified in Oz.

Sorry Sir - your $1600 fridge 3 years old now doesn't have parts available any more...
A new model's out now so eff off mate.

Ohhhh boyyyyy.
Watch the fireworks if any manufacturer was stupid enough to try a stunt like that !
DJI ??? Yes, well...

I think a letter to CHOICE highlighting the appalling customer service, non compliant ACL/parts availability/QC issues should make for a good article.

Perhaps a class action lawsuit against DJI ?

DJI - the new Takata ;-)

Last edited:
No remedy from DJI if you bought the copter second hand - have to get a new egg and use the Litchi app for the P2V - sent mine to someone to try the nand reflash and no-go !!!

Reactions: crash1sttime
morph000, did you manage the NAND flash?

I have 2 modules that I suspect need looking at BUT, I'm **** at soldering. Wondered how you found it OR if you'd consider a commission job? Cheers

Hello. Thanks for info about flashing wifi module. Maybe you could help with valid address of the lightbridge terminal (sfh_DM36x.exe) i cant find the download :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl