Black Props Won't Screw On

Reaction score
I just received my Phantom. The silver auto-tightening props went on fine. The black ones will not screw on properly. I am spinning them counterclockwise as the symbol says. If I press down hard it will start to screw on, but it doesn't appear to screw all the way down. I have tried each of the props that were in the box. Anyone have this problem?

No force at all, either downwards or rotational, should be required. You didn't try to force them on clockwise first, did you? Do they look like left-handed (CC) threads - sloping down to the right as you look at the shaft from the side?

I did not try to force them on clockwise. The threads do look left handed sloping the way you said. Should the black props be as far down the thread as the silver? The silver ones screwed all the way down. The black ones seem to be screwing on, but only about halfway down the thread.

OK - well something is clearly not fine - either the threads on the shafts or the threads in the props. They are M6 threads, but hard to test in the LH variety. Sounds like an issue for the dealer unfortunately.

When I got my FC40 one of the Black Props would not screw the same as the other props. I had to use some force to get it to seat as low as the others and it was pretty stuck and hard to get off after that. It seems the treads on both the motor and the prop are just slightly off or something. Most of the props just spin on easy, but this one motor some props need more force, while some props on this one black motor go on just fine. I thinking the tolerances are really close but it has not caused me any issues after getting the prop all the way down and working it off and on till it works smoothly

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic