Black props for visibility

Buyer beware for non OEM props.

From the feedback I've read and research done, quite a few report the accuracy to the controller movement is more precise with good CF props...however as mentioned above, they can take off a finger if caught in an accident and are very brittle, ie: are likely to snap and drop from the air if they come in contact with an obstacle.

If you ever have an unexpected problem (not pilot caused) then you cna always go back to DJI if you are using their props...

RoOSTA

Buyer beware for non OEM props.

From the feedback I've read and research done, quite a few report the accuracy to the controller movement is more precise with good CF props...however as mentioned above, they can take off a finger if caught in an accident and are very brittle, ie: are likely to snap and drop from the air if they come in contact with an obstacle.

If you ever have an unexpected problem (not pilot caused) then you cna always go back to DJI if you are using their props...

RoOSTA

Absolutely.

D

Harlidude Obsidian props?? Are you serious or joking? I must believe the latter. If the OP is talking visibility, what's wrong with four high viz flashing LED's???

Harlidude Obsidian props?? Are you serious or joking? I must believe the latter.

If you want a pair of black props on your Phantom 4 Pro (which is exactly what was requested by the OP) that are NOT aftermarket, I can think of no better way to achieve that goal than to use Obsidian props.

If the OP is talking visibility, what's wrong with four high viz flashing LED's???

Because the OP asked for "Black props for visibility"

Now I didn't go to kolij or anything, but LED's are NOT "black props." Since the Obsidian is a black VERSION of the P4P, and the props fit like a glove, seems the Obsidian props are the answer. But clearly you are a genius, so I look forward to your much-better solution.

Crickets???

D

Last edited:
I just cannot believe they manufacture props from Obsidian. I have been for many years a stone-age demonstrator, flint knaping and miking tools and weapons as our stone-age ancestors did, and the best quality flint one can get is Obsidian. It is a very brittle substance and retains extremely sharp edges so a prop made from this would be lethal!!

I just cannot believe they manufacture props from Obsidian. I have been for many years a stone-age demonstrator, flint knaping and miking tools and weapons as our stone-age ancestors did, and the best quality flint one can get is Obsidian. It is a very brittle substance and retains extremely sharp edges so a prop made from this would be lethal!!

Assuming you’re serious,

The props are for the near black Phantom model/offering named “Obsidian”.

I was replying to the post "just buy Obsidian props, that's what I do"! To me that means props made of Obsidian. If he'd said "props for the Obsidian drone" (which I've never heard of, it would have b been clearer!

I was replying to the post "just buy Obsidian props, that's what I do"! To me that means props made of Obsidian. If he'd said "props for the Obsidian drone" (which I've never heard of, it would have b been clearer!

Again, I never attended kolig...but....

I think it's pretty darn clear that any mention of the word "Obsidian" in the context of a "Phantom Pilots forum" AND "black props thread" pretty much points to the Obsidian MODEL of drone, and NOT volcanic glass. I'm no genius, but I'm pretty sure any attempts at manufacturing propellers from volcanic glass would be what we call in the drone industry, an "exercise in futility."

Can I get a second on this???

I just cannot believe they manufacture props from Obsidian.

LOL...."they" don't.

I have been for many years a stone-age demonstrator, flint knaping and miking tools and weapons as our stone-age ancestors did, and the best quality flint one can get is Obsidian.

Hence the name, "Cheddarman." I get it.

It is a very brittle substance and retains extremely sharp edges so a prop made from this would be lethal!!

LMAO...Impressive credentials against what has to be one of the funniest assumptions of the year. Sir...thank you for making my day.

D

Harleydude, at 80yo always glad when I cane make someone laugh. As I said, I've been a stone-age demonstrator for decades and never having heard of the Phantom Obsidian drone made an assumption. As the old adage says, never assume it makes an AS out of U and ME!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20