Black Pearl Text Issue in PAL

Reaction score
Hey all.

I have a DSLRPros system, P1 with Black Pearl 7" monitor, Futaba transmitter, GoPro Hero 3+.

In NTSC, for both monitor and Gopro, all is well, all text fits on screen perfectly.

In PAL however, (which I need for UK filming) the lower half of the text including voltage is not seen. I was able to press and hold the (-) minus key to get a bit more of the overall text to show, but still the bottom row of text is not seen. I am having to fly with two batteries and limit to a max time of 8 minutes as I have no clue about how much battery is left. I tested hovering in calm conditions and get 14 minutes so I know 8 I should be safe. I am flying/filming over water, 4-12 miles at sea so any info anyone could provide would be awesome! Totally new at this hobby stuff.

jmandersonbm said:
Hey all.

I have a DSLRPros system, P1 with Black Pearl 7" monitor, Futaba transmitter, GoPro Hero 3+.

In NTSC, for both monitor and Gopro, all is well, all text fits on screen perfectly.

In PAL however, (which I need for UK filming) the lower half of the text including voltage is not seen. I was able to press and hold the (-) minus key to get a bit more of the overall text to show, but still the bottom row of text is not seen. I am having to fly with two batteries and limit to a max time of 8 minutes as I have no clue about how much battery is left. I tested hovering in calm conditions and get 14 minutes so I know 8 I should be safe. I am flying/filming over water, 4-12 miles at sea so any info anyone could provide would be awesome! Totally new at this hobby stuff.

Well you tried what I was going to suggest first - holding down (-) on the BP will give you a letterbox view and the telemetry should be fully visible, at least it is on my UK BP set to PAL and GoPro set to PAL. The iOSD should automatically detect and switch modes accordingly. You could try plugging it into the iOSD Assistant and make sure it's running the latest firmware.

Does the BP connect directly to PC or you use the USB to Phantom + Transmitter + BP + Gopro all on method?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4