Black Pearl & Fat shark combo

Reaction score
This topic might have already been talked but I am new to flying quadcopters and really don't no what topic i am looking for so with that said here is what I got and want to do with it. I bought the Black Pearl + DJI 5.8G FPV super combo Monitor + AVL58 TX + IOSD mini for my Phantom 2 non vision and was just wanting to no if it would work with the Fatshark FPV goggles or do I need to get additional equipment, any help will be appreciated

Thanks Mike

You'll want a receiver module for the Fatshark goggles. They don't have one built in like the Black Pearl does.

If you are still within the return period, you may want to consider returning the AVL58 transmitter and getting a Boscam TS353 or ImmersionRC 600mw instead. Both are much lighter than the AVL58. Based on what I've read, reports of the AVL58 aren't the greatest. But if you're stuck with it, run with it and maybe you'll be happy enough with it.

shooter60 said:
This topic might have already been talked but I am new to flying quadcopters and really don't no what topic i am looking for so with that said here is what I got and want to do with it. I bought the Black Pearl + DJI 5.8G FPV super combo Monitor + AVL58 TX + IOSD mini for my Phantom 2 non vision and was just wanting to no if it would work with the Fatshark FPV goggles or do I need to get additional equipment, any help will be appreciated

Thanks Mike

H Mike welcome to the forums. I have exact same setup as you but I'm going to tell you it's lighter then this one or that. But I will say I haven't had problems with the setup since purchasing last March. As a videographer who sells stock footage on several agencies it is an ideal platform and setup for me needs.

For what it's worth:

IRC 600: 18 grams
TS353: 25 grams
AVL58: 39 grams

dptcalvin said:
For what it's worth:

Posting the weights really means little to me as I am not here to play the silly little game of mine is better then yours as some of you do here.

thanks for the quick replies all are helpful and I can't wait for my fpv to come, then I might be asking a few more questions
Thanks Mike

shooter60 said:
thanks for the quick replies all are helpful and I can't wait for my fpv to come, then I might be asking a few more questions
Thanks Mike

Check your PM messages.

Jason it will not let me send you a PM but I will probably go with everything on the inside I can't solder very good so I might use wire connectors I have already installed a Hd-3D on my Phantom 1, just waiting for all my new stuff to come in hopefully by the end of the week

jason said:
dptcalvin said:
For what it's worth:

Posting the weights really means little to me as I am not here to play the silly little game of mine is better then yours as some of you do here.
Your weight is in your signature, so clearly you think something about weight. And I think it'd be silly to ignore it as its absolutely a factor that affects how the Phantom flies.

Not everything is personal. It's just the interwebz. I'm not here to get into a pissing contest, so good day. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.