Black Pearl battery losing charge

Reaction score
Hey anyone else had this problem? I charge it till the light turns and then a few days later it only had 1/3 bars for power. I always have to have it charged before I fly.

Just got a call while I was writing this email. Flying Cameras is shipping me a new battery! I just have to cover shipping. I am ok with that.

That's good customer service. I have never had that problem with my Black Pearl. I do have that problem on some of my cameras. After a year or so, it retention goes way down. Obviously something was messed up in your battery though.

Hey wpspete, I have a similar situation, but not as severe.

WPSPETE said:
a few days later it only had 1/3 bars for power

On mine, if I don't fly for a week or so :( , I lose maybe one bar. But then I noticed a sticker on the back of the battery that says "Always Remove When Not in Use". Evidently, there must be a small amount of drain that occurs with the battery still in the BP, even though it's not a lot in my case. I've started popping it out every time I get home from flying now.

Jacob said:
Obviously something was messed up in your battery though

It sounds like with your major drain, Jacob is dead on, it was probably a defective battery. Anyway, what I did was order a second battery that I take along in my case, in the event things get dicey with the installed battery. They are not very expensive and it's good to have if your battery icon starts flashing early into a flight, like when I forget to check the charge BEFORE you leave. That's a good policy to charge up before every flight.

Enjoy flying and be safe...

Thanks for the replies. Maybe I will pull the battery after charging. Never noticed that sticker lol. I will use the defective one as a spare as the company I bought it from did not want it back.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl