Black Pearl battery life

Reaction score
I fully charge my BP battery before I go flying, and after about 45min. (3 Phantom batteries worth of flight time), the BP battery is down around 50%. Is this normal? I know it's not a terribly big battery, but that seems a bit short.

What kind of time are you guys getting?

Thanks

I also have 3 batteries, and my monitor gives just 1 hour, which makes me very uncomfortable. 45 minutes of flight, plus any associated time during warm up while getting sat lock, time in between P2 battery changes, etc, means that 1 hour is cutting it far too close for my liking. Lose your monitor and you're flying blind and pretty dependent on the RTH working, and I have 2 more batteries coming soon, and those are 6000mAh Limefuels, so I'll soon have a significant issue. I will have to either buy a spare battery for the BP, or see if a larger capacity one is available, or just rig up a spare battery of any sort with a charger plug to keep the BP charging through the first few flights.
I'd be interested to know what others are doing to extend theirs

i'm running my dvr & uno from the Black Pearls battery, but only used it for 2 continuous batteries. I'm looking into a small 12v battery to plug in for longer days

I am not surprise on the short battery life, as the battery has to power both the monitor and the video receiver.

Yes, I'm not so much criticising the short battery life, as just trying to come up with conveniently usable solutions. One extra battery shouldn't be too difficult (other than having to install it just to charge it) and two batteries in total would give quite a bit of time in reality. Just not sure what I'll be doing for when I'm out camping, as I'll end up with up to 4 chargers for the Phantom batteries, one for the monitor, and even potentially one of the GoPro and one for the Radio, though the radio seems to last forever on a battery, and the GoPro can just take power from the Quad, but it's still going to be somewhat of a messy arrangement in total. I'm thinking a lot of tweaking will start happening over the next few off-road camping trips.

the DJI charger for the Phantom batteries is 12v, so you could make a plug to go onto that to then plug into the Black Pearl

I use a P1 flight battery as a backup battery to the monitor. It just velcro's onto the back of the monitor and plugs into power input socket. These batteries are cheap, as are the chargers.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik