Black operating screen on my Andriod

Reaction score
I went out flying this morning for the first time in a few months, I do my own flying for real estate, mostly farms. Anyway after I changed into my second battery and after I go through the set up, and connect to wi-fi it shows a connection, but when I go to my droids control screen is tells me I am not connected and is a black screen with only the battery of the wi-fi showing up active.I uninstalled the app and downloaded it again with no luck. Can someone help me out? Thanks in advance

I went out flying this morning for the first time in a few months, I do my own flying for real estate, mostly farms. Anyway after I changed into my second battery and after I go through the set up, and connect to wi-fi it shows a connection, but when I go to my droids control screen is tells me I am not connected and is a black screen with only the battery of the wi-fi showing up active.I uninstalled the app and downloaded it again with no luck. Can someone help me out? Thanks in advance
One thing that sometimes causes those symptoms is teh SD card.
Try taking it out and powering up without it.
If that fixes the problem, you know the SD card is the issue.
Formatting might help but not always.

Tried the SD card this morning with no luck. I did fly it yesterday by site, the controller works as always, this tells me it is connecting to the copter but my screen is still black or blank. If I open my wifi on my Droid it shows connected but not on the screen.See attached photo! Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• Phantom Screen.jpeg
    Phantom Screen.jpeg
    828.3 KB · Views: 509
Did that...thanks

What app version ? And have you tried another app?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes, uninstalled 3 times and also installed DJI Ultimate Flight by Ken and I have the same thing.

Check the cabling.
There are 3 grey cables from the main body to the gimbal. Unplug them all and inspect and install firmly.
If that fails, then do the ping test

Use a wifi laptop and connect the phantom's wifi no different then you do with your smartphone.
Then use RUN command and PING the below:
PING 192.168.1.1 (range extende)
PING 192.168.1.2 (upper wifi module board)
PING 192.168.1.10 (lower wifi module board - this usually dies).

Check the cabling.
There are 3 grey cables from the main body to the gimbal. Unplug them all and inspect and install firmly.
If that fails, then do the ping test

Use a wifi laptop and connect the phantom's wifi no different then you do with your smartphone.
Then use RUN command and PING the below:
PING 192.168.1.1 (range extende)
PING 192.168.1.2 (upper wifi module board)
PING 192.168.1.10 (lower wifi module board - this usually dies).

Thanks, I will try that as soon as i get time and let you know!

Thanks, I will try that as soon as i get time and let you know!
I have done all of the above, first PING Destination Host Unreachable. second and third , is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I have done all of the above, first PING Destination Host Unreachable. second and third , is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Did your wifi clearly connect to the bird?? Some laptops/smartphones/smartdevices drop wifi if there is no internet.

If it has a clear connection then you need to bind the wifi range extender to the phantoms wifi module.
Phantom 2 Vision-Preparing the Range Extender - DJI Wiki

You need to remember that there could be a chance that the module has been changed. If it has then you will need to bind it the MAC manual method because the barcode sticker will NOT match. This method requires the last 6 characters of the wifi modules mac address. To find, use Androids Wifi Analyser app. Scan for the wifi and then this will show the mac. Write down the mac address and paste it on the bird.

Did your wifi clearly connect to the bird?? Some laptops/smartphones/smartdevices drop wifi if there is no internet.

If it has a clear connection then you need to bind the wifi range extender to the phantoms wifi module.
Phantom 2 Vision-Preparing the Range Extender - DJI Wiki

You need to remember that there could be a chance that the module has been changed. If it has then you will need to bind it the MAC manual method because the barcode sticker will NOT match. This method requires the last 6 characters of the wifi modules mac address. To find, use Androids Wifi Analyser app. Scan for the wifi and then this will show the mac. Write down the mac address and paste it on the bird.
Thank you so much for this information, I will try this at my earliest convenience and let you you know how it turned out.

Thank you so much for this information, I will try this at my earliest convenience and let you you know how it turned out.
I did the binding process by using the scan code, it said it was successful! Got the camera back, no black screen! BUT, now it want connect to satellites and want start. I am sure it is simple!

Never mind, this dumb butt forgot to hook the GPS cable up because I was so excited to get my camera connection back! THANK YOU so much Mako 79

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl