Black Frames in 4K Video Recording P3P

Reaction score
Hello!

I've had my P3P for about a month now and have noticed lately that about 20% of my 4K videos have this issue: in the middle of a video, there'd be one frame that's completely black, but the rest of the clip is fine. It looks almost like a corrupt image. Or there are times when a few lines of a frame are out of alignment with the rest of the picture, basically making the frame unusable.

I'd have to go into the video and manually delete the bad frames, join the remaining pieces together. Normally this fix is fine, but when there are 4 or 5 bad frames close together, the final video looks glitchy.
I'm using Final Cut Pro X to edit my videos.

My question is, is this normal? Does this ever happen to you? Is this a connection problem with my camera or memory card?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Please post a sample video so we can see what you're describing.

Unfortunately I can't share the video anywhere because Final Cut Pro keeps giving me this message whenever I try to share it on youtube, facebook, even to my own itunes library.

upload_2016-2-3_2-22-13.png

Just upload the video directly to YouTube.

Oh here's an image of a line of pixels mismatched from the rest of the frame...
upload_2016-2-3_2-28-24.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-3_2-25-47.png
    upload_2016-2-3_2-25-47.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 409
Prepare to get a bunch of educated guesses... ;)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Around 0:19 in the video.

Did you try a different memory card?

The stock memory card is fine. I just thought it would be good to rule out a damaged memory card as the cause.

Reactions: kevinz
I just had the same problem. I had part of my video go black after importing but did not notice anything weird on the Go App on my tablet while recording. I have the P3 4k and I'm using the memory card that can with the Phantom and recording in 4k. Only a little bit went black but recorded fine afterwards. Didn't know if was the memory card or something else. This is what I go before it went out. For some reason FCPX will not let me upload when it goes black.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31