Bit the Bullet

I am pretty seriously considering doing so myself. The big reason is its compatibility with the new goggles. I really enjoy taking folks out and making a session of droning a social thing, and it would be great to be able to let someone else wear the goggles while I 'give em a show' flying off my iPad.

I bit the bullet and ordered a new Mavic Pro yesterday. But I still have my P4.
I want to bite the bullet and get one, but I'm forcing myself for the next generation Mavic Pro. What makes it hard is that I'm seeing them stocked locally at Best Buy now since they have finally caught up with demand. I know I'd be happier right now with the first generation over my P4, but since my P4 is still at 100%, I just can't justify a new bird yet.

I want to bite the bullet and get one, but I'm forcing myself for the next generation Mavic Pro. What makes it hard is that I'm seeing them stocked locally at Best Buy now since they have finally caught up with demand. I know I'd be happier right now with the first generation over my P4, but since my P4 is still at 100%, I just can't justify a new bird yet.
I think the Gen2 Mavic is the better plan. I have a Mavic too, but it's just ho-hum IMO, other than the portability, it's great for that. The camera isn't as good as my P3P or my P4. I think Mavic2 might surprise us. Mavic has had it's share of gimbal issues too, I've already had to send mine in for repair, and it's never crashed or been bumper, or anything. I think Mavic is way more fragile than any Phantom I've owned. The only reason I'm keeping my Mavic is for the goggles I ordered. I think that's going to be a trip, they're very nice quality goggles. I tried them out at NAB last April.

This thread should be in the Mavicpilots.com forum. Just sayin.

Well some of you already know how much trouble I have had with my P4 and cracking issues and that's one of the reasons I bought the Mavic. It can't be any worse. And I have not heard of any Mavic Pro 2 in the works.

I think the Gen2 Mavic is the better plan. I have a Mavic too, but it's just ho-hum IMO, other than the portability, it's great for that. The camera isn't as good as my P3P or my P4. I think Mavic2 might surprise us. Mavic has had it's share of gimbal issues too, I've already had to send mine in for repair, and it's never crashed or been bumper, or anything. I think Mavic is way more fragile than any Phantom I've owned. The only reason I'm keeping my Mavic is for the goggles I ordered. I think that's going to be a trip, they're very nice quality goggles. I tried them out at NAB last April.

This thread should be in the Mavicpilots.com forum. Just sayin.
I mentioned my P4 so it's fine. At least now I can send in my P4 and not be without a Drone for a month or so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers