Birdside antenna messed up?

Reaction score
I recently had to replace the gimbal mount plate on my p3s. That seemed to go well enough, and a short testflight gave me confidence that it was working fine.

However, now when I try and fly any distance (over about 220 feet) I loose radio signal. I maintain full video, I just get the rc connection lost/returning to home message. I'm about to take it all apart again and check it. What could have gone wrong, or what did I break? All the connections that I can see appear to be 'ok'.

Reaction score
I recently had to replace the gimbal mount plate on my p3s. That seemed to go well enough, and a short testflight gave me confidence that it was working fine.

However, now when I try and fly any distance (over about 220 feet) I loose radio signal. I maintain full video, I just get the rc connection lost/returning to home message. I'm about to take it all apart again and check it. What could have gone wrong, or what did I break? All the connections that I can see appear to be 'ok'.
I would get the cover off and check the aerial connections, they have been known to break off with a heavy landing

Reaction score
Is there anyway the gimbal connections could affect the main radio signal? The reason I replaced the gimbal mount was that it had developed a crack over time, and I'd had a piece of gorilla tape holding it steady. I had no issues until I removed the gimbal and replaced the mount plate.

Reaction score
Is there anyway the gimbal connections could affect the main radio signal? The reason I replaced the gimbal mount was that it had developed a crack over time, and I'd had a piece of gorilla tape holding it steady. I had no issues until I removed the gimbal and replaced the mount plate.
Not sure but a quick check couldn’t hurt

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skwerl