Bird Attack

Reaction score
I have read a few threads on bird attacks and last Sunday, (in the UK) on country file they showed a trial of counting sea birds on a cliff face nesting spots using a Phantom.
The thinking was that it would be disturbing to the nesting birds, but much to the delight of the RSPB the birds paid no attention to the drone at all and was hailed as a great success.
I had a couple of battery flights last night and got some great shots of an old castle ruin close to were I live and again the nesting birds took no notice at all of the drone, if I was to get even close on foot they will dive bomb to protect the nests.

Attachments

• DJI00723.JPG
    DJI00723.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 464
Reactions: IflyinWY
I heard a science report on the radio that talked about the values of drones to observe birds without disturbing them. The only thing that alarmed then was if drones descend upon them from above, because it simulates a bird of prey.

Reactions: Milly
I've filmed nesting gulls off a cliff and while they had no problem with the phantom they actually avoided it but on the top of the island I was getting dive bombed :)
Gulls are in the footage around the 1:57 mark
Flying around Ireland's Eye:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was headed sort of towards an Eagle a while back, from maybe 150 meters away, and it started heading straight at my bird. I headed away from the Eagle as fast as possible and after a couple seconds the Eagle went about flying where he had been.

Some birds are territorial. I'll let you folks do the testing. :eek:

EDIT: Clipper has a good video of being buzzed by birds and ladies laughing at the situation. :)

Reactions: Milly
Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
I've filmed nesting gulls off a cliff and while they had no problem with the phantom they actually avoided it but on the top of the island I was getting dive bombed :)
Gulls are in the footage around the 1:57 mark
Flying around Ireland's Eye:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great Video. Had mine for about a year now, still amazed at the quality of some of these vids.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers