Bird attack compilation (VID)

Reaction score
Here's a very short compilation of birds that few very close to my phantom 3 pro whilst flying in a park in Auckland.

I learn to always watch out for really big birds, if you can spot them in the trees, they can be considered "big". Do some test flights at low levels to see how they react. If you see that they fly very close to your drone, pack up and head somewhere else.

It's better to have your drone intact and come back another day.

Reactions: Jbundy63
I know that's crazy, the other day I was flying and I had birds circling my P3P and kept moving away and they kept following, about 6 of them. Luckily I got it down and landed safely.

Some birds are territorial or perceive your Phantom as a threat and may warn it off.
Very few birds will attack your drone.
But the first bird in your clip is an Australian Magpie and at this time of the year some (not all) become very aggressive to intruders to their territory.
There is one at a site I fly sometimes and it hates me and my Phantom.
He attacks it in the air and turns on me when I have landed.
Last week he hit my head 4 times.
I sat in the car for 15 mins watching plenty of other people walk past without incident but as soon as I got out of the car, he was diving on me again.
If you are in an aggressive Magpie's territory at this time of the year, it's best to just move on.

Reactions: Jbundy63
Some birds are territorial or perceive your Phantom as a threat and may warn it off.
Very few birds will attack your drone.
But the first bird in your clip is an Australian Magpie and at this time of the year some (not all) become very aggressive to intruders to their territory.
There is one at a site I fly sometimes and it hates me and my Phantom.
He attacks it in the air and turns on me when I have landed.
Last week he hit my head 4 times.
I sat in the car for 15 mins watching plenty of other people walk past without incident but as soon as I got out of the car, he was diving on me again.
If you are in an aggressive Magpie's territory at this time of the year, it's best to just move on.

That's good to know, thanks! They are like crows eh, good memory and attacking with a vengeance.

While doing some research on flying drones in Auckland, I stumbled upon this old thread and was glad I did. I work just right by the Vodafone building in your video and never notice those territorial magpies until it was mentioned here. I never noticed them before but will certainly look out for them now. [emoji6] I'm thinking of getting a P3P as well.

Great video by the way. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

My drones have been attacked three times already and I think it was always the same bird protecting her breed (buzzard), rougly in the same area..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj