binding to the wifi repeater

Reaction score
hey im new to the phantom i got it 2 days ago and have done the firmware updates and everything

only problem is when trying to connect to the thing all the only connection my samsung galaxy s3 can see is phantom_6*****
i know its meant to be phantom_1****
when going into the dji app and going into binding in the settings i get a message saying "get repeater info failed"
i see a button at the bottom of the screen saying to scan the qr code but its not letting me touch it i tap yes on the error message and it kicks me back into settings.

i have a qr code scanner but all that does is take me to download the app, i cancel and scan again but all i keep getting is the app download.

can anyone plz give me a step by step guide on how to do this as ive looked on youtube and all i get is some some guy explaining in a different language that i dont understand.

cheers.

The network you are seeing is the right one - the other internal one between repeater and aircraft is hidden. I suspect it's just a change in firmware since the manual was written, and maybe the SSID numbers are going up with serial numbers.

You shouldn't have to rebind anything unless you have hit the reset button on the range extender. If you still can't get any picture/telemetry then you could try the rebind procedure as per the manual. When you connect to your Phantom_6 network can you get a feed via the app?

ok i scanned the barcode on the box

just wanna check i have this set up right
the ssid im getting is fc200_****

the wifi network im getting is phantom_6****

is this right?

cheers

cheers thanks for that
also wanted to ask bout the firmware updates

i have put the latest updates on both the drone and controller
do i need to calibrate the controller or will it be fine without calibration

if it does need calibrating could you tell me how to do this or link a video explaining it

cheers.

You do want to calibrate the transmitter after the updates. Also, you are connecting to the right wifi connection. Mine was the same way, you can be sure you're hooking up to the right one by looking at the label on the back of the range extender. It is listed on their.
Just do the calibration through the same software that you updates your firmware, very simple.

As sahair said, it's very easy.

In the Assistant software there is a tab which shows you the inputs the aircraft is receiving from the transmitter ("controller") under BASIC and RC. There is a button there you can click to START a calibration. All it needs you to do is move both sticks all the way around the outside of their travel a few times, let them go, stop the calibration then confirm everything is neutral with your hands off the sticks. Takes just a few seconds.

ok so i plugged my controller in and started the calibration
i clicked start and right away noticed that A was set at 22 the rest at 0
so clicked next with hands off the sticks
then did the circular motion bout 7 times on both sticks
let them spring back to center, but before clicking finish noticed that A was still at 22
clicked finish and all sticks are set at 0

repeated this 2 times to make sure, A was still at 21 / 22 during calibration
but after clicking finish all sticks were at 0

is that right or have i done something wrong?

It's the value of everything after calibration that counts. When you hit the finish button that's when the values used for setting zero are saved. The software will now take into account that 22 (or whatever) on that stick is actually zero and compensate accordingly when it gets inputs. Without physical trims on the controls it's all done in software.

ok so it dont matter that during calibration its 22

when i click finish the soft calibrates it to 0 and its set to 0 so no drifting of the drone will occur in flight?

Yep, that's what calibration means - setting everything hands-off and at rest to zero, irrespective of what the physical sensors are reading. Over time the electronics will naturally drift a little, and after a crash they can suddenly drift a lot, hence why calibration may be required from time to time.

Make sure you do the compass dance before your next flight (in an appropriate area for doing so) to set that up again too and you'll be good to go.

can anyone tell me if the following is correct

in the binding option of the dji vision app i have the SSID - FC200_00****

i thought that the SSID had to be the extender?

i connect to the extender as its the only available phantom wifi network

just wanted to make sure this setting was correct in the binding option on the app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav