Binding or other camera problem any help appreciated.

Reaction score
Last edited by Jason in TN In 2015-2-8 11:33 Editor

Was having problem binding camera replaced a broken remote. I am having the problem access to camera explicitly denied. When ask try to scan I did manually enter code connected every thing works now can control gimble all info there batteries satellites distance but no picture showing and no video or pics.

So now every thing works but no picture can take pic but nothing therein card when you take it out. Also no video. When you try to use scan qr code says access to camera explicidely denied any ideas.

Every thing is working on camera but no picture or video black screen on app. When you hit record button on app phantom connection broken network timed out message.

Have checked connections and also looked every thing over did a update on software. Every thing looks ok.

Thanks
Jason

Jason in TN said:
Last edited by Jason in TN In 2015-2-8 11:33 Editor

Was having problem binding camera replaced a broken remote. I am having the problem access to camera explicitly denied. When ask try to scan I did manually enter code connected every thing works now can control gimble all info there batteries satellites distance but no picture showing and no video or pics.

So now every thing works but no picture can take pic but nothing therein card when you take it out. Also no video. When you try to use scan qr code says access to camera explicidely denied any ideas.

Every thing is working on camera but no picture or video black screen on app. When you hit record button on app phantom connection broken network timed out message.

Have checked connections and also looked every thing over did a update on software. Every thing looks ok.

Thanks
Jason

Binding is only required when replacing wifi module or range extender.
It sounds like the 3 grey cables coming from the phantom to the gimbal board is not plugged in or is damaged from light bumps. Unplug all 3 and inspect the 4pin clip in. Plug in and make sure they are firmly fitted

Will check that out did replace whole remote with new extender. For some reason every thing works but camera no video or pictures at all. Connection broken and timed out message when I try to do video or pic. Every thing else seems ok. Will check connections and let you know how that goes.

Thanks.

All grey cables are in good condition and connected. Took camera off and removed and plugged them back. No luck same problem.

Any more help or info on this would be really appreciated. Really want to get it back up but don't want to start replacing stuff if it will not help.

You said you replaced your range extender because of the broken remote. Do you still have the broken remote with the old wifi extender? if so, just swap them over.

If not...

Try another "fresh" device that has never had the DJI app installed.
Make sure you have binded the phantom with the range extender.
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... e_Extender

Make sure the Phantom is binded to the Range extender and your smart device connected to your range extender.
Make sure you only have 1 device connected to the correct range extender name. If you have 2 smart devices in the vicinity trying to connect to it, you will get telemetry on both but NO FPV on both.
Drop the resolution down to 360x240@15fps and place the phantom on a cardboard box and off the ground (the wifi antenna angle towards the ground).

And finally, just see if you can pull any of the pins out of the 4pin clip. If you can, it means they are loose/damaged.

Did all those checks except trying another device with app. Don't have another range extender that is what I replaced that was broken. Getting all of the telemetry but no FPV at all can control the camera up and down so I think every thing is connected took the camera off completely last night checked all three plugs an pins looked OK. Plugged every thing back in same results. Is the plug with four wire the video plug? Have dropped resolution as far as it will go still nothing. Very frustrating but I will keep at it. Have played with RC stuff for years pretty good with soldering iron and understanding how to trouble shoot but the phantom is new to me. Thanks for any help

Jason

Took camera back off every thing looks good. All connections ribbon cable looks good plugs and wires good. No visible damage to camera at all. Notice there is a button on camera is that some sort of reset button also has plug for usb cable any way to hook to it to do any changes diagnostics or upgrades. Like I said pretty new to the phantom.

Jason

Jason in TN said:
Did all those checks except trying another device with app. Don't have another range extender that is what I replaced that was broken. Getting all of the telemetry but no FPV at all can control the camera up and down so I think every thing is connected took the camera off completely last night checked all three plugs an pins looked OK. Plugged every thing back in same results. Is the plug with four wire the video plug? Have dropped resolution as far as it will go still nothing. Very frustrating but I will keep at it. Have played with RC stuff for years pretty good with soldering iron and understanding how to trouble shoot but the phantom is new to me. Thanks for any help

Jason

Are you dropping recording resolution or FPV resolution. they are 2 different settings.
Start your DJI app, goto the cog icon for settings and change FPV to the lowest 360x240@15fps.

Ok still working on this thing no luck. Every thing showing on app even showes sd card no picture. If I hit camera to take picture I getNetwork timed out. If I hit record on camera I get phantom connection broken then network timed out. Running out of ideas.

Jason

Main difference I notice when I try to bind is if I try to use scan qr code I get DJI vision was explicitly denied access to camera from all the other times I tried to bind.

Any more ideas would be appreciated. I am about to give up on this thing. Can get it connected with manually entering code but camera is unless it is bad to have this much money invested and it not work thinking it may be software but who knows. The only thing really different is that when you try to bind when you want to scan QR code get message explicitly denied access to camera. Starting to get tired of messing with it.

Get an android device and download wifi analyser from the play store and see if you can pick up the Phantoms hidden ID when it is powered. Using the app, you can then look at the mac address. The last 5 digits is what's needed to do a manual binding.

Mako79 said:
Get an android device and download wifi analyser from the play store and see if you can pick up the Phantoms hidden ID when it is powered. Using the app, you can then look at the mac address. The last 5 digits is what's needed to do a manual binding.

I have the MAC address it will bind just no video or pics all the other Info is there including showing sd card info in app.

Im out of ideas.
The only thing left to do is a camera/gimbal swap with a known working one. Just to reiterate, you don't need to rebind. Just plug and play with the camera and gimbal.

Maybe open her up and check if the antennas on the wifi module is still plugged in (highly unlikely as you have 2 atennas).
Maybe check in the battery compartment and to see if the battery isn't causing any crimping and shorting by pushing up against the wires..

Yea not sure if I can find some one with one local I would like to give that a shot. I am thinking it is a software problem maybe. Tore the camera almost completely down tonight every thing looks good connections cables every thing. May be wifi module too. But don't have one. Tempted to by another gimbal and throw a gopro on it. The cameras seem to be a problem or weak point. For the money you think they would work better. Not totally giving up on it yet but I am getting close. Thanks for the help and info.

Its ironic that you speak of another gimbal.
I weighed it up and sold the vision plus camera and did the conversion. I am now at peace knowing I am free and no longer restricted. Nothing better than unmounting the gopro and using it for another purpose.

Phantom%202%20Vision%20Plus%20with%20H33D%20and%20GoPro.jpg

Phantom%202%20Vision%20Plus%20with%20GO%20Pro%20Screen%20capture%201.png

That may be the way I go looks like you have it working on the vision App. I need to do some reasurch on how to make the switch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20