Binding a new transmitter

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Nothing like jumping in with a problem on my first post.
I've had a quick look here but can't find an answer to my problem.

I stupidly killed my transmitter and had to buy a new one today. Obviously I have to bind the new TX to my Phantom so I followed the instructions on You Tube and on various sites but to no avail. I can get the receiver in the Phantom to blink (as per instructions) but when I turn on the TX (as per instructions) - nothing! The two will not connect.

Any suggestions.......?

It lights up solid red when you power up the phantom, then when you press the switch it blinks yellow like it's supposed to.

Have you tried this? (There's a hole on the underside of the body on the left side, if the battery compartment is towards you). I believe that's the link button in there.

3. After powering on the aircraft and the transmitter, if the LED indicator of the receiver on the control board is lit solid red, this means the receiver currently has no connection with any transmitter.
4. Press down the link button for more than two seconds until the LED indicator blinks, then release the button.
5. Push the throttle stick to the lowest position and turn on the transmitter. Then if the LED indicator of the receiver turns off, the link between the transmitter and the receiver has succeeded. (Linking operation can be done only when the LED indicator of the transmitter changes to blinking red .)

Let me know if this helps, I have to do the same thing when my replacement receiver comes in.

Duke131 said:
Have you tried this?

That's exactly what I've done. I've watched the videos on You Tube and read the instructions which are exactly as you say, but to no avail.

The flashing light on the receiver never changes when the TX is turned on.

pullandbang said:
Hi folks,

Obviously I have to bind the new TX to my Phantom so I followed the instructions on You Tube and on various sites but to no avail. I can get the receiver in the Phantom to blink (as per instructions) but when I turn on the TX (as per instructions) - nothing! The two will not connect.

Any suggestions.......?

Follow the manual. Get the manual on the DJI site. Page 13. You have to have both Tx and Rx on.

1. Power on the PHANTOM 2.
2. Turn on the remote controller and place it 0.5m~1m away from the aircraft.
3. Push the link button with a thin object and hold it until the Link indicator blinks red, then release it.
4. When the Link indicator turns solid green, the link between the remote controller and the built-in receiver
has been successfully established.

ladykate said:
Follow the manual. Get the manual on the DJI site. Page 13. You have to have both Tx and Rx on.

1. Power on the PHANTOM 2.
2. Turn on the remote controller and place it 0.5m~1m away from the aircraft.
3. Push the link button with a thin object and hold it until the Link indicator blinks red, then release it.
4. When the Link indicator turns solid green, the link between the remote controller and the built-in receiver
has been successfully established.

Yep, tried that too and the blinker keeps blinking. BTW, it's a Phantom 1 not a Phantom 2 that I have.

Just noticed that the replacement transmitter is a slightly different model (newer maybe?) to the broken one.
Broken one is Model SR6 and has a Working Current of 200mA. Frequency 2.406 - 2.476GHz
Replacement is Model DJ6 and has a Working Current of 100mA. Frequency 2.404 - 2.476GHz

Would this have any bearing on the problem?

You've posted in the Phantom 2 Vision forum, so we're probably not best-placed to help you.

However, from what little I know about the P1, if you have a new tx you may need to change the Transmitter Type in the Assistant Software before you can get it to bind...

Have a try with that then I'd head on over to the General or Help section where the P1 folks will see it quickly.

Good luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1