Bill passes in the Senate ~ Guidance & Funding for FAA

Reaction score
DRONES

—Require the FAA within two years to authorize package deliveries by drones and to create a small-drone "air carrier certificate" for operators of drone delivery fleets, similar to the safety certificates granted to commercial airlines.

—Establish criminal penalties for the reckless use of drones to deter their operation near airports.

—Require the FAA to publicly disclose information about government and commercial drone operations, including what types of personal information is gathered by the drones.

—Require the operators of all drones weighing more than a half pound pass an FAA-approved online safety test.

...and from a different source:
The bill also mandates that the FAA comply with an international ban on the shipment of lithium-ion batteries aboard airplanes, a practice blamed for bringing down two jetliners when the batteries burst into flames. The FAA already has endorsed a global ban by the International Civil Aviation Organization on their shipment.

Senate Bill Would Make Extensive Aviation Policy Changes

Last edited:
Reactions: Squirrel!
And yet still no "Commercial Drone Use Certificate", I still think it's absurd to have to have a 333 and a pilots license for commercial use.

Reactions: Squirrel!
I think that is coming Ryan, but I'm not an elected official. This bill still needs to get the House of Representatives to lift a leg on it.
Not sure if our elected officials, or the FAA, will determine to promote streamlined guidance on Hobby and Commercial at the same time...or separately. We here, all know that changes are needed for both arenas.

And yet still no "Commercial Drone Use Certificate", I still think it's absurd to have to have a 333 and a pilots license for commercial use.
That's because it is. o_O

Reactions: ryantrax

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav