Bigger skids (BUT ARE THEY PAINTED?)

Reaction score
Does anyone know if these Ebay taller/wider black skids are just spray painted? Or really molded in black plastic?

DJI Phantom FC40 2 Vision Part High Extended Tall Landing Gear Skid Black
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191187397020

someone HAD TO HAVE BOUGHT THESE :?

I guess no one has bought these. Oh well, I'll take the risk and order them. I like the black ones anyway.

The CF ones Ive seen just don't look sturdy.

2014fc40 said:
Does anyone know if these Ebay taller/wider black skids are just spray painted? Or really molded in black plastic?

DJI Phantom FC40 2 Vision Part High Extended Tall Landing Gear Skid Black
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191187397020

someone HAD TO HAVE BOUGHT THESE :?

I've bought them and they are not painted, they are black plastic.

I do have to admit that they don't seem as robust as the stock white versions.

Not as strong eh? Well daym. I wouldn't have expected that. Not a biggie though, as long as they don't fold like card table legs.

I've got a pair coming from Honk Konk as we speak. $11-ish off Ebay.

i've been usin' them since i got my fc40 and i couldn't be happier .. i even modded them to have a wider stand all around . now they stand right under the motors so theres less drag .. and the tippin over isn't an issue anymore no matter how windy it is :)

CUliu2.jpg

FeYvAs.jpg

Hi, did you need to use a heat gun to widen the stance? I'm going to cut off the bottom rail too. Looks better and I think it will stand better too.

sohail99 said:
Thats an amazing Phantom you got there! Love the feet and thew mods! :)

2014fc40 said:
Hi, did you need to use a heat gun to widen the stance? I'm going to cut off the bottom rail too. Looks better and I think it will stand better too.

no heat gun was used , i just realigned the landing gears to where i want them then made new holes on the landing gears .

IIVII said:
i've been usin' them since i got my fc40 and i couldn't be happier .. i even modded them to have a wider stand all around . now they stand right under the motors so theres less drag .. and the tippin over isn't an issue anymore no matter how windy it is :)

CUliu2.jpg

FeYvAs.jpg

Hey, I'm still not getting it. Did you swivel the legs and put in some headed screws? 'Cause it looks like they are in the same basic place to me>.......

2014fc40 said:
Hey, I'm still not getting it. Did you swivel the legs and put in some headed screws? 'Cause it looks like they are in the same basic place to me>.......

no am still using the stock screws .. i just made new holes on the landin' gears .. here's a close up pic

Attachments

• IMG_20140624_235227.jpg
    IMG_20140624_235227.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 413
Ah, got it IIVII!

Thanks for the fast response too.

I see they are swiveled around the hole. Genius.

Got my XL black skids from China today. Dremeled off the bottom crosspiece, drilled 8 new holes, screwed them down and remounted (taped) the antennas and then screwed down the compass. Shweet.

Thanks for the idea IIVII, I seriously like the look, more stable too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj