Big power lines!

Reaction score
I know we all talk about power lines but I'm not sure what sensor to look at when in range of them. I liv in a canyon with these. I believe they can be over 200,000 volts according to Edison. How close and how can I tell if I'm going to lose control. I know in altitude mode, but what if in p mode. Any input would be useful and appreciated.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1439598386.476209.jpg

I know we all talk about power lines but I'm not sure what sensor to look at when in range of them. I liv in a canyon with these. I believe they can be over 200,000 volts according to Edison. How close and how can I tell if I'm going to lose control. I know in altitude mode, but what if in p mode. Any input would be useful and appreciated. View attachment 27497
I don't think anyone knows the exact answer to that-- depends on altitude - horizontal distance on and the range of the interference that is being produce, which is probably also variable. -- they have been known to interfere with the radio signals in the same 2.4GZ range that we are flying in, but it is not consistent. I avoid them as much as possible.

This is where I wish we had full manual. I do agree with your conclusions but I will try and to move around them slowly and with care.

This is where I wish we had full manual. I do agree with your conclusions but I will try and to move around them slowly and with care.
I don't believe you would find this answer in a full manual, except to tell you to not to fly to close to power lines.

Reduce the chance of electromagnetic interference (EMI) by not flying in areas with high levels of electromagnetism,
including cellular towers, electricity pylons or power lines. Urban environments have more EMI interference.
this is in the Help Guide for the Phantom 3 (Adv/Pro)

V. Aug-14-2015 – By Fantomas

I know we all talk about power lines but I'm not sure what sensor to look at when in range of them. I liv in a canyon with these. I believe they can be over 200,000 volts according to Edison. How close and how can I tell if I'm going to lose control. I know in altitude mode, but what if in p mode. Any input would be useful and appreciated. View attachment 27497

Some Neighborhoods have these running right thru them, I had a friend long time ago lived by these babies. TV was Fine the Old 49 mhz phones were fine... In the USA they have a bleed limit that is very controlled and monitored. You could look it Up I bet with the right words.

Or until your kid looks something like this.
001-1124194944-Child-wHairStandingUp.jpg

Kids are great for testing with :)

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers