Big Money Gets 333 Exemption

I might just slap the whole body of that letter on my own letter head and submit it.

money always talks. lobbyists and corp. cash flow in the paths of least resistance.
they're doing it legally.
thanks for sharing this info!

Bet he didn't wait 60 days ;)

He initially applied May 4th, 2015, and it appears they asked for more information or for clarity because he submitted an addendum on June 8th, 2015. His Section 333 Exemption was granted (not posted to public docket but granted) August 28th, 2015. So that's over 100 days but keep in mind he had to do the addendum.

Right now they are running 120+ days and getting slower by the day.

"A confidant" of President Obama....says the article.

Yet another Solyndra ?

I get the feeling the government will find a reason to pump a lot of taxpayer money into this particular one.

It has nothing to do with money. If the FAA is familiar with the model listed in the Section 333 petition for exemptions, they grant it. Measure is simply the first that thought of listing every possible drone. There are a few exemption holders who listed 20 or 30 models.

From the forum at www.the333.org:
" there are 497 models of UAS among 163 manufacturers."

Yes, they are slowing down under the load. On 9/25 there were 61 exemptions granted.

Reactions: BigAl07
It has nothing to do with money. If the FAA is familiar with the model listed in the Section 333 petition for exemptions, they grant it. Measure is simply the first that thought of listing every possible drone. There are a few exemption holders who listed 20 or 30 models.

From the forum at www.the333.org:
" there are 497 models of UAS among 163 manufacturers."

Yes, they are slowing down under the load. On 9/25 there were 61 exemptions granted.
I noticed that huge number on 9/25 as well. I don't know if they brought extra staff in that day or what but compare it to yesterday which approved (I think it was) 6 exemptions. Of course we have no way of knowing how many were denied or how many "needed additional information".

It has nothing to do with money.

Of course it does. Every last bit of it is ALL about money. From the title of this thread to the heading of the article...
Drone-for-Hire Business Makes Big Bet on Industry
What do you think the "Big Bet" is about?

I wasn't speaking of the 333 approval process explicitly.

Reactions: Tricky

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl