Big Mistake

Reaction score
This summer I thought it would be great to film a new dam just completed in a state park. I found that I had to have one million dollars liability insurance and follow yet another set of guidelines. I finally obtained the permit for one flight. I set my waypoints and it was a beautiful flight on a sunny fall day. I got home and prepared to view my footage. To my dismay I must have lost the card on the sandy beach. Never could find it. What a bummer:)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I've had really nice flights and when I got home on the best one realized that the SD card was not inserted all the way. Really sucked. My longest flight. Nearly 2 miles through the woods.

This summer I thought it would be great to film a new dam just completed in a state park. I found that I had to have one million dollars liability insurance and follow yet another set of guidelines. I finally obtained the permit for one flight. I set my waypoints and it was a beautiful flight on a sunny fall day. I got home and prepared to view my footage. To my dismay I must have lost the card on the sandy beach. Never could find it. What a bummer:)

so obama didn't get that royalties law written with his pen then?
I remember he was trying to outlaw taking pictures without paying royalties.
AMA insurance should cover the liability amount. But if you counter sue for the pain and suffering from retrieving the drone after crash, they will drop there end to keep immunity.

so obama didn't get that royalties law written with his pen then?
I remember he was trying to outlaw taking pictures without paying royalties.
AMA insurance should cover the liability amount. But if you counter sue for the pain and suffering from retrieving the drone after crash, they will drop there end to keep immunity.

Why do I think this is inline with what some people wanted to call the "Obama Phone". Odd that a Google search returns nothing about this and that the President does not make laws. Any links to this information?

Truth is, we all know it's never been illegal to take photos in a public place.

Reactions: Txchas

Can you fly over the dam from outside the parks property? It's up to you, but that is probably 100% legal and does not require any permission.

Can you fly over the dam from outside the parks property? It's up to you, but that is probably 100% legal and does not require any permission.

Without video there is no proof the flight was made yet. So fly your ONE flight.

Why do I think this is inline with what some people wanted to call the "Obama Phone". Odd that a Google search returns nothing about this and that the President does not make laws. Any links to this information?

Truth is, we all know it's never been illegal to take photos in a public place.

I don't. and needing laws is the last thing the emperor needs. I give you his own dream act law that congress SHOULD have passed for him to sign.
About his 3rd year is when he was trying to force royalty payments to take pictures in federal parks.

I don't. and needing laws is the last thing the emperor needs. I give you his own dream act law that congress SHOULD have passed for him to sign.
About his 3rd year is when he was trying to force royalty payments to take pictures in federal parks.

[The DACA and Dream Act are not the same thing]

There is simply no indication that Obama ever proposed anything limiting photo taking in national parks which involved a fee or restriction. Actually Obama has been a _huge_ proponent of increasing National lands to be made available to the public. Second, take photos in public places is a right given by the Constitution.

I always take a piece of Scotch tape and tape it over my S D Card slot - gosports1-Charlotte,North Carolina
Put card in backwards and it wont come out either. Was beginning to think I would have to ship it to dji to remove it.

I give you his own dream act law that congress SHOULD have passed for him to sign.
I searched but can't find anything at all to indicate there is anything to this.
How about pointing to some evidence as without it, I'm inclined to believe that there's no truth to it at all.

Thank you for your suggestions. I was seen flying by a park ranger, the second suggestion is also good but this area is surrounded by miles of dense Forrest. I guess my best bet is to explain to them what happened and see if they give me another chance. Thanks for you ideas!

Thank you for your suggestions. I was seen flying by a park ranger, the second suggestion is also good but this area is surrounded by miles of dense Forrest. I guess my best bet is to explain to them what happened and see if they give me another chance. Thanks for you ideas!

Guess your only option then is to wear a burka, make the flight, and yell profiling if caught.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic