BEWARE

Reaction score
What information is transferred , if any, with the vision plus when you do updates? I was wondering if there is any identifying data sent to the company when updates occur. Does the government have access access to this data? Can they ID the owner of any drone?

AstralPlane said:
What information is transferred , if any, with the vision plus when you do updates? I was wondering if there is any identifying data sent to the company when updates occur. Does the government have access access to this data? Can they ID the owner of any drone?

interesting, but what government?

dji is a honk kong or china based company right?

Don't connect it to your PC ever. The Chinese will get your bank details and you'll end up with a massive credit card bill. Also, they'll steal your identity and clone you from the DNA data that the Phantom collects.

Honest, I read it on the internet so it must be true.

Do you really think they are intrested in you ? Djee take a other guess.
And if so then be happy, you're famous.

If you have any of the Aluminium tape left over from doing the GPS mod, just wrap some of it around your head and you'll probably be OK...
:cool:

Wow, I do wonder sometimes. People are happy to give their credit/debit card details, name, phone numbers, address etc over the phone or type into an online shop and then worry about an R/C unit that may need an update once in a while giving over nondescript data.

I just think some people have too much time on their hands to worry :eek: :lol: Live life, f*%k the system.

J.J.B. said:
If you have any of the Aluminium tape left over from doing the GPS mod, just wrap some of it around your head and you'll probably be OK...
:cool:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rilot said:
Don't connect it to your PC ever. The Chinese will get your bank details and you'll end up with a massive credit card bill. Also, they'll steal your identity and clone you from the DNA data that the Phantom collects.
You forgot to mention that it forwards your GPS coordinates to the central database in Beijing.

AstralPlane said:

I'm guessing that pretty soon all quads will have Flytrex-type chips installed that communicate flight data to the cell towers -- which then uploads the data to U.S. govt. servers.

What better way to prosecute drone operators than using actual flight data against them? If I was a prosecutor, I'd surely trust that data a lot more than some hillbilly small-town cop who claims "With my trained eyes I saw this drone operating at 500' AGL" or some other silly nonsense from a lying law enforcement type.

Unfortunately what the OP originally asked was in fact correct!! The phantom does indeed collect and send any info it has on you back to the Chinese government.
I have found a way around this invasion of our privacy !! The only thing I need to block this info gathering is a small amount of info. If you complete the below I will make sure your info stays safe:

Name:
Address:
Date of Birth:
National Insurance Number:
Credit Card Number:
Expiry Date:
3 Digit Security Code:
PIN Number:
Photo of Wife/Girlfriend:
Bank Account Number:
Sort Code:
Combination To Safe That You Hide In The Spare Room.

In no way will i use this information to fleece you of every penny/cent that you have and you can really, really trust me...honest guv......im a doctor!!

PS please dont really give me this info...its a joke....you bloomin idiot

Oh - and be sure and put some black or AL tape over the Vision camera lens so they can't see where you are flying.

BlackTracer said:
I haven't been able to fly much lately because I have been hiding in my hardened bunker waiting for the apocalypse.

Finally some sanity around here...

If you have to ask, then no.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers