Beware Ordering Phantom 3 Standard Lume kits

Before going too far, what exactly are you using the Lume Cubes for? If it's only for visual you would be much better off with cree strobes. Much smaller, very much lighter and IMO brighter than the cubes. ( I have both, so just an info point).

I will be using them on my P3S . I have the little strobes also. They are great. The Lumes should work good for lighting up an area on the ground for video. I solved the mounting bracket problem by cutting some rectangles out of a thin rubber mat and hold them to both ends of the (too short) brackets and slide them down between the landing legs. Fits very snug and no ties or anything to hold them on plus they remove in seconds.

The Lumes should work good for lighting up an area on the ground for video.
Honestly from my use, they are very limited in that aspect. It will light up somewhat, but you are only looking at a few feet of illumination. If you are above say 15feet or so in altitude they are useless for ground viewing.

Reactions: DigitalSkyPilot
That is why I stopped using them. They are very bright, I grant you, but if you are using them for your own visual, they are not much good. Not meaning to say that they are completely useless, but from the time's I have flown with them, they just didn't do the job as I expected.

I am a recreational flyer with no lighting or photography experience.

o_O I was trying out the lumes a couple nights ago and next thing you know everyone is talking about a meteor over Michigan.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4