Beware of right joystick stick issue and how to fix

Reaction score
I was flying my P3A with no issues and was sending it forward away from me and then when I went to send it backwards towards me the joystick would not go back to center and I panicked and pulled back a little harder and heard a plastic snap but then was able to bring it back to center and pull down to send it back to me and land. Upon looking at the controller I could move it forward but then it gets stuck again in a slightly forward position and won't come back. I could see that the joystick was slightly sunken in its socket so some part was getting stuck. But you could lift up and hold the joystick like if you are trying to pull it out of the controller itself and then it moves in all directions perfectly. I could also hear like a screw or piece of plastic now rattling inside the controller. Contacting support to see if they can fix it.

If this happens to you while flying just lift up the joystick pulling it back up into the socket and you should be able to move in all directions.

See picture of how it's sunken down. It won't return to center if you move it forward or backward when it's sunken in and could easily cause to fly away or crash into something.

5749fe9e4beb3a59031fadd50fce42e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Digdat0
Thanks for the tips. Anyone may face such situation as the plastic parts holding sticks and button in RC are not that strong.

You got to fix the parts and can't afford to fly with broken parts.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The carcass of the controller can suffer from cracks just like the AC shell. It's just as rare, but happens. Screw anchoring posts and supports and stuff breaks and it all gets sloppy; controlling wheels and buttons become loose or stuck. If something breaks inside it can get in the joystick inners and get it stuck, too. Though this is the first time I see the entire piece come undone, as it has 4 screws holding each in place. I've had one of my P3P RC slowly falling apart, fixed numerous times with CF and resin and all kinds of tricks, until I finally replaced with a new one this last week. Pretty easy to swap parts though, a lot easier than the AC shell.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic