Beware: DJI doesn't have H3-3D gimbals/part for new owners

Reaction score
I need to replace the H3-3D on a newly purchased DJI Phantom 2 and believe or not, DJI doesn't have H3-3D gimbals or parts for us new owners, they only sell them to distributors when purchased along with a P2. My drone has been out of service for 3 wks waiting for an answer from DroneFly.com and I am told H3-3D gimbals will start shipping standalone next month (june). That is a very shortsighted decision from DJI and a pretty poor customer response (#griddy) :(

Re: Beware: DJI doesn't have H3-3D gimbals/part for new owne

telecam said:
I need to replace the H3-3D on a newly purchased DJI Phantom 2 and believe or not, DJI doesn't have H3-3D gimbals or parts for us new owners, they only sell them to distributors when purchased along with a P2. My drone has been out of service for 3 wks waiting for an answer from DroneFly.com and I am told H3-3D gimbals will start shipping standalone next month (june). That is a very shortsighted decision from DJI and a pretty poor customer response (#griddy) :(

So what's new?

It was exactly the same story with the H3-2D. A leopard never changes it's spots so why expect DJI to?

They have your money so they don't give a ****!

try calling DSLRPros. they actually take pride in there customer service and will sit on the phone and walk you through the issues.
give em call. Mike is great with phantom questions... :shock:

Yes I second that. Mike at dslrpros.com has been extremely helpful. Not sure if they can get you a gimbal any quicker.. but hey worth a shot. Not trying to hijack this post but why can't we just use a h3-2d while we wait for june? I should be getting delivery of mine in two weeks or less and am worried if I break my h3-3d

Nothing surprises me about DJI anymore. They are an pathetic company in terms of their marketing strategy, overall handling of customers, and after sale repairs.

Just look at the condescending, un-businesslike, downright ****ing stupid answer I got from their sales department when asking for a rough timeline of the standalone H3-3D release:

Hi, friend, once we release it, we will announce in our page, so you do not need to worry about it. Thanks
Yeah, thanks for that... so helpful. Jokers :roll:

I also recently had several email exchanges regarding trying to replace the ribbon wire on my 2D so I could fix it. In the end they just won't sell me the part and are offering an expensive repair (around half the price of a new one) as the only option. Utterly ridiculous as clearly it's a common fault when you prang your gimbal, they should offer this as a spare part.

Its a new company and what you are seeing are cultural differences. I think right now, the company is thinking of biting off as much as it can chew but over time, it will realise that customer loyalty is worth cultivating.

Considering how quickly the product line has moved in the last year, I'm not surprised that they have created very high expectations without the means to deliver on them.

As for the replies - would you rather receive them in Chinese? I think a lot of the time, the folks who are on tech-support aren't native speakers and aren't familiar with business etiquette. They will learn though!

MenaceCat said:
As for the replies - would you rather receive them in Chinese? I think a lot of the time, the folks who are on tech-support aren't native speakers and aren't familiar with business etiquette. They will learn though!
I don't mind how they reply, as long as they are less vague. It's been 6 weeks now.

They are not so new as to have this **** sorted by now, no excuse.

not sure they care one way or the other. They've got a captive market at the moment. If a really decent well priced alternative came on the market and the market moved that way, you'd soon see a shift in behaviours.

Bmews

The saga continues.... I finally received a H3-3D gimbal from BH, fedex it overnight to DroneFly.com to complete the repair and after waiting for a week, they are now telling me the version of the gimbal is not the correct one. The one BH sent me apparently doesn't tap in the back of the GoPro H3 and H3+ for live monitoring and is designed instead to use some additional live view hardware. So, DJI won't help (they only sell gimbal with new P2s...), DroneFly.com, a major DJI reseller from which I bought my P2 won't help wither (not authorize to sell gimbal standalone) so, what the F*** am supposed to do?

Call DSLRpros and see if someone can help you.

Spoke to Atlanta Hobby the other day and they said they have 200 H3-3D gimbals that need to go back, and DJI wants a written explanation on each one. So screwed up. I've also heard good things about DSLR Pros but haven't used them. I'm lucky to have a dealer a half hour away with two full time drone techs and plenty of DJI stuff on the shelves. http://uavdirect.com near Austin, TX.

ScottH said:
Spoke to Atlanta Hobby the other day and they said they have 200 H3-3D gimbals that need to go back, and DJI wants a written explanation on each one.......

Oh this so so last year all over again with the H3-2D launch !

What the hell is wrong with this outfit? I wish to god someone would launch a god almighty class action against them for non performance of advertised product!

There must be some lawyers out there that fly DJI products who are as disgruntled as the rest of us?? :lol:

Update... Got an email from DroneFly.com yesterday saying they have made the H3-3D gimbal work, hopefully it's not too much of a hack and will prove to be a durable install. It has been 5 weeks with a lots of backs and forths for something you would assume would be a straightforward repair. DJI makes great products but I find their customer services and dealer support to be extremely deficient.

FRS said:
Call DSLRpros and see if someone can help you.

I am kind of stuck with my dealer DroneFly.com. Although not as responsive as I would expect, they are trying to make do with a serious lack of support and bad policies from DJI.

Hi

Ok... Not quite sure what the story is with your supplier but Im in the darkest AFrica and I have ordered spares for mine and got them quick quick ?!?!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav