Better mini sd card info needed

Reaction score
Hello guys. I've got a question about replacing the original mini sd card for a better one. Please bare with me as I'm new to flying?
I got myself a p3p a couple of days ago. I've got everything sitting ready to go, batteries all charged, recent firmware on the receiver, drone and batteries updated. Then I discovered I should update my sd card to a better one so I went out and bought a Sandisc 32gb extreme plus card.
Do I now have to download the same firmware onto the new card and use or can the card be inserted straight from the box to the drone and I'm good to go?

No need to download the firmware again..just put the new card in, and format it using camera tools in the app. (Not essential, but advisable).

(The only time you might need to download the firmware again, is if you buy any more batteries which need updating).

Reactions: xdeanox
No need to download the firmware again..just put the new card in, and format it using camera tools in the app. (Not essential, but advisable).

(The only time you might need to download the firmware again, is if you buy any more batteries which need updating).
Thanks rockydog. It's very much appreciated.

I've got a question about replacing the original mini sd card for a better one.
... Then I discovered I should update my sd card to a better one
With SD cards for the Phantom, there are cards that work and cards that don't but there aren't better cards.
A bigger/faster/more expensive card won't do anything better or faster than the supplied card which is of quite high quality anyway.
Writing image files will only happen as fast as the camera writes regardless of your card.

With SD cards for the Phantom, there are cards that work and cards that don't but there aren't better cards.
A bigger/faster/more expensive card won't do anything better or faster than the supplied card which is of quite high quality anyway.
Writing image files will only happen as fast as the camera writes regardless of your card.
So there may be a chance of the new SanDisk I bought not working? I read somewhere that a 32gb card could store about 20mins of 4k footage, that's really the only reason I got a new card thinking that thec16gb card which came with it could possibly only give me 10mins of 4k footage.

So there may be a chance of the new SanDisk I bought not working?
Which memory card did you buy?

I read somewhere that a 32gb card could store about 20mins of 4k footage
You'll be able to record about 2 minutes of 4K footage per 1GB of memory. When you start DJI GO, you'll see the available time left to record at the top, right when in video mode. When in photo mode, it'll show you the number of photos remaining.

That memory card will be fine. It writes at 90MB/s (50MB/s faster than the stock memory card). Like Meta4 said above, it's overkill. It'll be helpful when transferring files to/from the memory card though.

Reactions: xdeanox
That memory card will be fine. It writes at 90MB/s (50MB/s faster than the stock memory card). Like Meta4 said above, it's overkill. It'll be helpful when transferring files to/from the memory card though.
Really helpful info msinger. Thanks for the help Praying for a dry day now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20