Bets way to carry v+

Reaction score
Hello I am want to go and record some combines in the field and I want to drive there on my motorcycle any tips on how to carry it?

rokit said:
Fritz said:

i was wondering if the h3-3d installed fit in this backpack? thanks! i have a non vision btw.

From that link, the phantom should fit since the cutout seems universal. But the transmitter cut-out is vision. I'm pretty sure it fits, but you're gonna have an empty spot there that you could use to store whatever. There are non-vision backpacks out there as well.

I personally went the DIY route backpack AND case with no regrets and a little mess.

Also, unless you want to wait about a month, I wouldn't order from China. :lol:
(Depending on where you're from)

I take mine in a backpack (and sometimes on my bike).
It is similar to the one shown above.
I'm a bit concerned the entire gimbal and camera assembly can bounce around too much even though the phantom is held quite well, you might want to add some foam or steady it in another way if going far.

UrAwFuL said:
rokit said:
Fritz said:

i was wondering if the h3-3d installed fit in this backpack? thanks! i have a non vision btw.

From that link, the phantom should fit since the cutout seems universal. But the transmitter cut-out is vision. I'm pretty sure it fits, but you're gonna have an empty spot there that you could use to store whatever. There are non-vision backpacks out there as well.

I personally went the DIY route backpack AND case with no regrets and a little mess.

Also, unless you want to wait about a month, I wouldn't order from China. :lol:
(Depending on where you're from)

DIY? Could I get more info please. thanks!

I use this one, great for on the mountain bike or cycle or even hiking as it is so comfortable with the padding at the back. Everything fits in very nice but you do need to remove props which only takes a few seconds, also gives you a chance to inspect each prop properly for any defects before every flight. :D
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkzpskyXQV0[/youtube]
UKFlyer

Re: Απ: Bets way to carry v+

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1407417333957.jpg[/attachment]

DIY top case for my bike.
I just bought some foam and cut it
Took around 30 minutes and 20€

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1407417333957.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1407417333957.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 668
Double-D said:
Fritz said:

I have one of these. I don't ride or hike just use it from A-B. Does the job for me. Cost me $70, free delivery and received in a week here in AUS.

yeah i am thinking of getting one like this and wanting a case to go from one place to the other. $200+ for a case is a little too much for me. how is the quality? i know its not $200 quality but does it seem like it can last?

You do get what you pay for. Foam cut outs are all cut deep even the small ones so if you want to use those for small objects tyou need to fill with some dyi foam. Also for the RC to fit, I had to move the range extender back on the mounting bracket. Material wise it seems fine, thick, durable and importantly the zippers aren't weak and flimsy.
It's great for transporting in the car and better than storing in the original box.
I'm sure with average use it will outlast the phantom.

I like this case, and it's a good deal for $50. I added some 1/8 inch Masonite around the sides and bottom for additional protection. The top has an area which holds another piece of Masonite, which is easily removable. I use this as my take off and landing zone. The white reflects the Phantom's lights well, so I know when I have lock.

Seems like these cheap backpacks are all one and the same.
I should mention my only gripe is having to slip the props in the side pocket but it's no biggie.
I made a phone sunshade out of a DVD post box and strangely the folds were in the perfect place, I just had to cut holes for the clamp, plus I found it fits perfectly in the bottom of the phantom hole.

I love the idea of the masonite. I might do that :)

I use a milk crate with a custom built top, zip ties one one side and latch on other. Works, cost me a grand total of $8. Could throw a pad and shoulder straps on it if I wanted and use it as a backpack, lol.
Here it is before I put the top on it http://i.imgur.com/P4JI2z5.jpg

10 points to MiDri. You sir are a thinker.
Good to know as I have stacks of these full of my 3000+ vinyl collection from my old DJing days.

Here's what I did. I wanted something I could carry easily and still protect the P2V+ delicate camera and gimble.
1. I used the factory packaging and only cut away the portion outside the central well that contains the gimble/camera assembly and the landing gear.
2. I flipped this upside down and filled all the voids with aerosol construction foam from Home Depot. The foam is very light and very rigid. I used a kitchen bread knife to cut away any excess foam. With the Phantom in place, the assembly is about 12"X12"X8"
3. I bought a standard Nike backpack that is 16X12X8 with both a bottom and top opening and a flexible divider between them.
4. The Phantom along with two sets of props and two spare batteries fits in the bottom compartment.
5. The controller and attachment for my iPad Air and my iPad Air and hoodie plus all my other misc camera gear all fit in the top compartment. This contains EVERYTHING I need to fly anywhere at anytime.

I took this to Europe for 21 days this summer. Took 6 international flights and went through security with it each time. No problems.

It is light weight, provides factory protection for the Phantom, provides all the storage I need, protects the phantom inside rather than hanging it outside a backpack. I packed this everywhere I went for three weeks. Worked like a champ! Nothing is this light, protects this well and is this compact! OBTW, these photos were all taken after my trip, so you can see it held up well. I'm happy.

Edit: forgot, since this is 16X12X8, it meets the American Airlines specifications for a "Personal Item" like a laptop or a purse. You can take this on the plane with you in addition to a roll aboard suitcase. Your airline may have different requirements, but I flew 4 different airlines and none of them had any issues with it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 340
I've used an inexpensive backpack from China when I ride my bike and it works well. The only complaint I've had is that some of the glue on the inside foam got onto an extra camera I carry and was hard to get off. I now put my camera and iPhone in mesh bags to protect the screens when I use the backpack.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic