Bet this guy doesn't have a 333 and a pilots license

That's crazy. I can't take a picture of a friends business with a 333 and a pilots license but they can get some bloke with a drone a job and let him fly and do whatever they want without FAA oversight.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Do you folks listen to the podcast "AskDroneU" ? They do in-depth research of laws, FAA policies, and tangible black and white rules other than what "they" said. The short version, the FAA is a joke, there isn't a standing and there actually has not been a single FAA violation documented for a flyer doing commercial work without a 333. All of the FAA violations were released recently: The FAA Gave Us a List of Every Drone Pilot Who Has Ever Been Fined

They are all for safety violations, not lacking of 333.

Also See: The FAA Has Never Fined Anyone for Flying a Drone Commercially

Reactions: dmagnus
That's because the first thing the FAA does is send a cease-and-desist letter that includes the possible penalties.

I quit listening to DroneU months ago. They seemed to be confused between the facts and what they wished were the facts.

Me? I'm not going to poke the government with a stick to see how much money it'd cost to fight in federal court.

SB

Reactions: EddieM and BigAl07
Sage I feel the same way. I am not I a position to get slapped with a 25k fine, even though no one else has, because my luck would be id be the first. Ha!

The other thing we need to keep in mind is that the FAA–and they have to know it too–is way behind on drone issues. 333's are still taking six months and I'm sure they'd rather be in a position of "one application in–one approval out." But here's my point: they know they are way behind the curve on enforcement issues too and I don't believe for a moment this is going to last.

SB

Reactions: BigAl07
There are actually a "few" cases where the FAA is "building" a case against illegal operators. They are slow in everything they do (understatement) but they are actively building their cases across the country. Here's one that has hit the mainstream media and worth watching:
Minnesota Man Faces $55K in Fines After Flying Drone

I'm not saying he's right or wrong just sharing a link to an existing case.

I hate not being able to post a link so take it at that, but, on a recent podcast another 3 letter word, FCC, was mentioned regarding unlawful [unlicensed] radio equipment being used to aid in the violation of guidelines.

Keep your 'ears' open. If I can substantiate further or locate p-cast at some point in the future I will post it.

Reactions: BigAl07
I hate not being able to post a link so take it at that, but, on a recent podcast another 3 letter word, FCC, was mentioned regarding unlawful [unlicensed] radio equipment being used to aid in the violation of guidelines.

Keep your 'ears' open. If I can substantiate further or locate p-cast at some point in the future I will post it.
Does it regard controller modifications? I believe I've read that the "32 channel hack" violates FCC regs becuase those additional channels are legally off limits in the US. Hence why are not available without the workaround.

It would be my understanding that the primary mention of this on the p-cast was with regards to controller mods.
Any 'hack' who's very nature is to bypass or otherwise cancel gov't restrictions would also seemingly apply.

I also bet that mods changing the range would as well

Yea, that's the point of 99.9% of the controller mods and the concern of the FCC.

Do you folks listen to the podcast "AskDroneU" ? They do in-depth research of laws, FAA policies, and tangible black and white rules other than what "they" said. The short version, the FAA is a joke, there isn't a standing and there actually has not been a single FAA violation documented for a flyer doing commercial work without a 333. All of the FAA violations were released recently: The FAA Gave Us a List of Every Drone Pilot Who Has Ever Been Fined

They are all for safety violations, not lacking of 333.

Also See: The FAA Has Never Fined Anyone for Flying a Drone Commercially
And the list has not one pilot fined for NOT HAVING A 333 OR A PILOT"S LICENSE!!! HMMM! Yes..the FAA IS A J.O.K.E.!!!

Reactions: dotcomray
There are actually a "few" cases where the FAA is "building" a case against illegal operators. They are slow in everything they do (understatement) but they are actively building their cases across the country. Here's one that has hit the mainstream media and worth watching:
Minnesota Man Faces $55K in Fines After Flying Drone

I'm not saying he's right or wrong just sharing a link to an existing case.
This article right here sums up PERFECTLY what a bunch of DUMB***** the FAA really is!! They go after people in hopes that they will settle. You get enough people to settle then the odds of continuing the harassment are in your favor!! Stop giving in!! Hire an attorney and fight it!!!

Reactions: dotcomray

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4