Best way to store batteries / controller?

Reaction score
If you're going to store the batteries and controller for more than a few weeks, fully charged or fully discharged? Do the P3S batteries have "memories?" Thanks

The batteries will auto discharge to a safe level after 10 days (by default). You should not attempt to discharge them.

You can decrease that 10-day setting in the DJI GO app. Make sure the DJI GO app is connected to your Phantom before attempting to modify this setting. You should also reset it after installing new firmware.

DJI-GO-Battery-Time-To-Discharge.png

You do not need to worry about the remote controller battery. I usually charge mine when it gets down to 1-2 lights. It lasts a fairly long time, so there is no need to charge it before each flight.

Last edited:
Mostly discharged, the manual has instructions for how to store them for best life.

So, don't charge them after the last flight...wait until next flight to charge again? Thanks

They should be stored between 30%-50%. If you fly below 30%, then at least charge your battery up until the 3rd light starts blinking. Check out DJI's battery guide for more details.

Out.

I was just wondering the same thing about the battery's and came on to see and found this post. I might pack mine up for the winter. It's either too cold out ,raining, or to windy to fly by my house lately. I've been thinking about packing up until spring. Does it matter how many days to do discharge? I read the guide but it just said the battery's will go into hibernation mode.

Does it matter how many days to do discharge?
DJI defaults that setting to 10 days, so I can only assume they think that's an acceptable setting. I keep mine set to 2 days. I usually only fly on the weekends, so that setting works best for me.

Reactions: mikep2323
I was just wondering the same thing about the battery's and came on to see and found this post. I might pack mine up for the winter. It's either too cold out ,raining, or to windy to fly by my house lately. I've been thinking about packing up until spring. Does it matter how many days to do discharge? I read the guide but it just said the battery's will go into hibernation mode.
I also found the instructions to be confusing. They said something about flying it until it dies when you take it on a plane but then say never fly it until it dies, ever. Anyone?

I also found the instructions to be confusing. They said something about flying it until it dies when you take it on a plane but then say never fly it until it dies, ever.
Where are you quoting this from?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj