Best way to sell my P4

Reaction score
I have a P4 with a lot of extras and has been used very little. I am an older person and bought this drone without thinking it out. I have no confidence in my ability to fly this thing and it makes me extremely stressed out. What would be the best way to sell it? I see a lot of them listed on craigslist but I am not a big fan of craigslist.

Silverstreak - i am interested. What are the extras and how much are you asking?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
I have the original box and the original foam box, hard case, 2 batteries, multiple battery charger charges 3 batteries, along with the original charger, 10" Asus pad used as monitor which is largest that will fit in holder, extra set of props, all necessary cords. I have about $1,700 invested and would like to get $1,200. I have owned it for about 6 weeks and it has a maximum of 10 flights. It has never crashed or damaged in any way. Just got back from a trip to southeastern Oregon and one of the fellows that was with me is a young guy that was very proficient at using this drone, even though he had no experience with drones. He flew it as far as 3 miles one way. After this trip I was convinced this is not for me, big fear of a flyaway or crashing stresses me out.

I've actually had really good luck selling on Cragslist. No seller fees, no shipping. You can also demonstrate to the buyer that it works perfectly prior to them purchasing it, this way you won't get any return issues with people saying it doesn't work or they crashed because it didn't work right. Just my 2 cents. I've sold 2 Phantoms now on Cragslist within 24 hours of posting.

I would avoid Ebay when selling. The fees are off the charts between Ebay and paypal. I sold a I5 processor the other day for $85 shipped and it cost $8.50 (10%) for the listing and the 3% for Paypal. Add in shipping ($35+++) and your at about $1015 if you ask $1200. The used multirotor market is a buyers market. Generally 50%-65% of the new cost is what is what you are seeing these days.

I would avoid Ebay when selling. The fees are off the charts between Ebay and paypal.
I've had good luck selling on eBay. The ease of use and large amount of potential buyers outweighs the fees for me.

Reactions: RC Madman
I've had good luck selling on eBay. The ease of use and large amount of potential buyers outweighs the fees for me.

Agreed but only if you are willing to take that large hit. The market is bad for selling used quad copters and add the fees. Forums are the best place to get the most money but it takes time to sell if you are holding out for a certain price.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic