Best way to power up FPV & Gimbal?

Reaction score
On my Phantom I'm planning to add a FPV and a gimbal. Please could anyone tell me, what is the best way to power up these both(FPV transmitter and Gimbal) items.
Example : - Aux power line which comes from phantom main board?
- JST 3s balance connector of main battery?
- or a separate battery?

Please guys, tell me what is the safest and efficient solution for this?

Re: Best way to power up FPV & Gimbal?

Most people end up using the extra power wire coming out of the leg, however some people have shorted or drawn too much power from it and had it melt. I myself have used it for my 200mW video Tx with no problems, I have a tarot gimbal to add to my set up soon, so I'll probably run the power wire from the gimbal to the spot on the main board that the spare power wire connects to and solder them together there.

Running off the battery's balance tap is also an option (so long as your using the full voltage, not using 7.4v from a 3s ect) but adding a second battery will drain to much flight time via the extra weight

Thanks guy. Do you think Aux power cable gauge is enough for the both Tarrot gimbal and FPV? If so, I'll follow that way.

BinaraA said:
Thanks guy. Do you think Aux power cable gauge is enough for the both Tarrot gimbal and FPV? If so, I'll follow that way.

What FPV are you running? I'm running a Tarot and 600mW Boscam off the aux lead, and it's fine. I also have a slightly thicker gauge aux aux lead set up coming down another leg in case I need it. It's pretty simple to solder a thicker wire on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues