Best way to extend the usable life of my P3A

Reaction score
So I understand DJI has discountinued the P3 line which affects my P3A. I love my P3A and do not see a need to upgrade. What is the best way to protect my setup so that I can continue to use this for the next year or so.

I'm concerned about software upgrade on the app or firmware incompatibilities. If I took a snapshot of my current setup which is all at the latest builds how do I put a "bubble" around that?

I use a Nexus 7 tablet running latest version of Android OS. Do I need to turn off updates and essentially put bubble around that as well to ensure software updates to OS do not render the app useless?

Thanks

So I understand DJI has discountinued the P3 line which affects my P3A. I love my P3A and do not see a need to upgrade. What is the best way to protect my setup so that I can continue to use this for the next year or so.

I'm concerned about software upgrade on the app or firmware incompatibilities. If I took a snapshot of my current setup which is all at the latest builds how do I put a "bubble" around that?

I use a Nexus 7 tablet running latest version of Android OS. Do I need to turn off updates and essentially put bubble around that as well to ensure software updates to OS do not render the app useless?

Thanks

The best way to preserve it is just to hang it on the wall in your house so you can gaze adoringly at it every time you pass.... :)

Seriously though - I too want my P3P to last as long as it possibly can, and regarding updates, I wait a while before installing any new one (though there's probably not likely to be many more FW updates in the future now for the P3, if any). I read here about any problems (if any) people are already having who have installed it.

The same for dji go app updates... I wait a while... and read here....

Replacement parts are likely to be available for some time yet, IMHO.

You're on the latest available update of Android - or are you? Have you rooted your Nexus 7 and installed Android 7.1.2? If not, then you're likely on Android 6-point-something. My Nexus is on Android 6, it works fine - and I don't plan to root and upgrade as I see no need to. Some people reported problems with that here, I think - and reverted. I believe that Nexus have no further plans for Nexus 7 OS upgrades anyway. I've never had a Nexus 7 OS update cause me any problems.

Every time your drone leaves the ground you take a risk but follow the above, fly sensibly, check it over regularly and it should keep going for just a bit longer!

Last edited:
Reactions: crash1sttime

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj