Best way to discharge batteries?

Reaction score
If I can't fly what is the best way to discharge my batteries down to 50% for storage? Any opinions?

Trun on the phantom without props on. But it will take a long long time to drain it. Some guys idle their motors but I don't recommend that.

To be honest, it only takes 10 mins of flying to drain down to 50%. Try your best flying it I guess.

Worst case, the battery will drain itself after 10 days of inactivity too!

I would fly them down.
Take the drone up to a good height, fly it for a few passes and bring her home...

It's the best way. Or you could set them to discharge quicker than ten days in the app. Either way. I would prefer flying mine. Why waste a good charge? ;-)

RedHotPoker

Unfortunately the weather is not being cooperative this week. I will have to let them drain slowly.

If you are using an iOS device, You can use them batteries for some Phantom 3 SIM, practice time as well. ;-)

Which ever method works best. Yeah, the weather can be a pain.
Hopefully it will improve for you, and you can get some stick time, out doors. Or go find a vacant gymnasium. . .

RedHotPoker

Unfortunately the weather is not being cooperative this week. I will have to let them drain slowly.
take the props off-- run them inside at idle-- until you get the voltage where you want it or practice on the sim without the props as Red suggested.:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj