best way of downloading pics/video

Reaction score
I noticed that i can download pics straight to my phone or tablet from the camera screen. Today it did not download video (no pics taken) when I pushed that button. Maybe where it was going to store it was too full, IDK.

When looking at the SD CARD for that video I also found some pics that were on the SD card from a previous flight, but no others were on there.

So if I download to my phone do the pics normally get entirely moved off of the SD card or do I need to go in and free up the space.

Also, I guess another thread type question, I use 2 different devices to fly. So, how do I keep track of all my flights etc.?

Any other info about where all the flight data goes and what I should not delete off of a device if I want a record of it would be great.

Point me to other threads if they address this. I've looked but it's cumbersome.

Thanks

I also am wanting to know about other items on the SD.
There is a BIN File and a text document. What are those for? Can I delete them?

There is a DC I'M folder which contains only a 180 MEDIA folder which contains the pics and video.

What can be deleted to make more room on the disk?

There is a DC I'M folder which contains only a 100 MEDIA folder which contains the pics and video.
What can be deleted to make more room on the disk?
Once you copy the image and video files to your computer, you can delete everything on the SD card.
There is no need to leave anything on it before you fly.

I use 2 different devices to fly. So, how do I keep track of all my flights etc.?
You can manually sync your flight data in DJI GO to keep all of your flight stats updated when using multiple mobile devices. Syncing will also allow you to keep a backup of your flight information on DJI's servers and allow you to download flight data captured on other mobile devices when you switch and/or buy a new mobile device.

There is a BIN File and a text document. What are those for? Can I delete them?
The BIN and TXT files are left over from past firmware updates. It's okay to delete those files. After you've copied off all of the photos/videos you'd like to keep, it's okay to delete everything on the memory card.

the photos and video on the SD card are of higher quality then downloading to you phone through the app. I always just remove the SD card from the drone stick it in my laptop create a dated file on the laptop desktop and open the SD card file and go to the pictures. I perform a cut from the sd card and paste into the new folder I created on the desktop that way it deletes the files from my SD card. keep your BIN files in a separate folder on the desktop, that way if you get a new battery you can reinstall it to the SD card to update the battery then remove it again.

Reactions: Bayouwatch
"keepyour BIN files in a separate folder on the desktop, that way if you get a new battery you can reinstall it to the SD card to update the battery then remove it again."

That's interesting. I was just going to order another battery. I did a quick search to learn what a BIN File is. How does this relate to a new battery?

Batteries have firmware installed on them and it sometimes needs to be updated. Since you have the P3S, your batteries will be updated via DJI GO. There is no need to copy BIN files to the memory card to update them. If you're ever using a battery that needs to be updated, DJI GO will prompt you to update it.

that's odd because mine wont update without the file on my sd card and they are authentic DJI batteries

The DJI GO app should download the firmware (like it does when you update the Phantom).

it wont for me, every time I get a new battery I get the warning of update needed I have to reinstall the Bin file to my SD card then put the battery in, it updates. I remove the file and all is well again till I buy another battery. I have ten batteries and all have done this from day one. I'm guessing something is Wrong??

Copying the BIN to the memory card is not necessarily wrong. That's what DJI GO should do for you when you choose to update the firmware from within DJI GO.

I'm not sure why you're not able to update your batteries from DJI GO.

Copying the BIN to the memory card is not necessarily wrong. That's what DJI GO should do for you when you choose to update the firmware from within DJI GO.

I'm not sure why you're not able to update your batteries from DJI GO.
Don't know Brother just the way its always been I thought that was how it works. Doesn't matter to me so long as it gets done.

I noticed that i can download pics straight to my phone or tablet from the camera screen. Today it did not download video (no pics taken) when I pushed that button. Maybe where it was going to store it was too full, IDK.

When looking at the SD CARD for that video I also found some pics that were on the SD card from a previous flight, but no others were on there.

So if I download to my phone do the pics normally get entirely moved off of the SD card or do I need to go in and free up the space.

Also, I guess another thread type question, I use 2 different devices to fly. So, how do I keep track of all my flights etc.?

Any other info about where all the flight data goes and what I should not delete off of a device if I want a record of it would be great.

Point me to other threads if they address this. I've looked but it's cumbersome.

Thanks

Excellent question and one I’ve spent time considering the various options, of which there are many. MANY.

I too have different devices but my primary flying device is a wi-fi only iPad mini, so downloading from the aircraft still doesn’t give me the option of being able to immediately share, either by text or any other means.

So then I also disconnect from the iPad and reconnect to my phone and download the pics I want to share immediately.

Your videos, if shot in 2.7K, won’t download from the aircraft to the device. You have to shoot in 1080 for that.

And finally, I never want to lose anything and I want the option of always being able to go back, review, edit, and save compilations if/when I have time... so I remove the SD card and upload to my computer, saving each flight in an appropriately named and dated folder.

ONLY once I’ve done that do I reformat the card.

However, I’m also one of the guys that believes having more & smaller cards is the way to go rather than a single, large card, so you don’t lose a lot of media if anything goes wrong...

So I have four cards and when I’m done a day’s shoot, I just tuck that card in a holder and switch for a new one, buying me time until I can do all of the above.

Hope that helps.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj