Best Vision + Wifi Booster App?

Reaction score
Just reading about increasing FPV range with stock PV2+ ver 3.0. It seems I can purchase a booster app that increases the power of the wifi. Are they worth it? Do they work? Any recommendations on which one. Just want to increase the FPV range a little.

You can'y go wrong with the "Vision + Utility Pro" app. Flight logger, boost wifi, boost tx, and more.

I just downloaded the free app from utility Pro is that the same as the utility ProPlus just without the data logger will do what I wanted to do is just boosting the wifi signal? has anyone tried this free app?

I purchased the android version of the "Vision + Utility Pro" app and with the settings I run it doubled all the distances on my quad.

What settings do you use for the utility app? I bought both apps, I use the FPV booster simply because it's easier..
1 touch boost....
But I would like to use the Utility app....

Please share your settings.....

thx !

Does anyone know how the wifi booster apps actually work? I imagine the only way to get a boosted signal is to somehow increase the power output. Given the overheating issues of the wifi extender, what is the outcome?

Anyone been using a booster app successfully for an extended period? Results?

can i use fpv booster on 2 devices ?

i am in process of changing from phone to a tablet but my tablet mount has not arrived yet (very long and delayed shipping).

so if i buy it for my phone can I also put it on my tablet without having to buy it again ?

I use multiple apps. One to change the wifi channel. Another to have data logging and wifi boosting.

rickasaurus said:
Does anyone know how the wifi booster apps actually work? I imagine the only way to get a boosted signal is to somehow increase the power output. Given the overheating issues of the wifi extender, what is the outcome?

Anyone been using a booster app successfully for an extended period? Results?

I can only guess as to how it works... The wifi extender has a factory set output to its antennae. The app most likely boosts the output beyond its factory setting or makes the extender think it's under-powering the antennae and adds more power to the transmitter. This increase in power adds increased electrical conduction and hence more heat. Heat is also damaging to electronics and will break down circuitry after prolonged periods of use (remember the xbox 360 red ring of death fiasco?).

I have used FPV Booster on my iphone 5s with my previous, and flown away never to return, Phantom 2 Vision. My average video range went from about 800 feet maximum (rooftop deck at the beach with no obstructions) before turning on the booster, to about 1200 feet after boosting, in the same scenario. At these distances you had to keep the wifi extender trained on where the Phantom was or risk losing video and having to bring her in a few hundred feet to reconnect.

With the P2V+ I've gotten much improved range with the included wifi extender to the point that I don't have to use the booster app. My farthest flight, with some light foliage in the way, was about 1500 feet with some video loss.

I use the booster app when I fly in the city to cut out wifi interference from other networks nearby.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers