Best video editor?

Reaction score
I noticed pretty quick the DJI app compressed my video pretty bad. I have had batter luck with Vimeo's app Cameo. Anyone else have any recommendations for making basic videos after breaking them into smaller clips and adding some generic music?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You really don't want, as the title of this thread states, the "best video editor." Those are high end tools such as Final Cut Pro X or Avid's Media Composer, and it is a safe bet that they offer capabilities (and prices) that are far beyond anything you might use.

The most common, easy to use video editors are iMovie for Mac users (free with every Mac), and Windows Movie Maker for PCs. Both of them are likely to treat your video with more care than the DJI app.

It is worth noting that the defaults for the DJI camera settings tend to create video with extra-vivid color, crushed blacks and over-sharpened details (which leads to other issues, such as moire patterns). You can change those settings to record a "flatter" video and then "fix it in post" - in other words, process it to your liking or purpose in the video editor. I can't speak to Movie Maker, but I do know that iMovie has some reasonably good color/white balance adjustment tools built into it. They won't ever be confused with the color grading capabilities in FCPX, but they do a respectable job.

If you are a PC user, and are willing to spend a little money, Adobe Premiere Elements isn't a bad choice, either.

Reactions: clu51
Thanks for all the info, I was also looking at that elements/premiere combo on Amazon.

Davinci resolve 12 has a non linear editor and color grading suite for free. Id recommend taking a look.

Cool I will check it out

I use premiere pro. the best
I also agree that Premiere Pro is superb. I use it, too. But it is one of the high-end professional-capability editors, with a big price tag and substantial learning curve. Premiere Elements, or one of the other recommended editors, should cover most needs for new Phantom owners.

i mean some simple color correct, some curves and that basic things, as well as learning the correct export settings, it's just matter of days to learn them.

I edit everything on my iPhone with the pinnacle app [emoji106]

There are other topics with the same question already. Just use the forum search.

Based on the recommendations from on of the previous topics I went with Wondershare Filmora. There are PC and Mac versions available for download. Free trial with watermark to test.

Cost and simplicity is its strength, basic video correction only is its weakness. Bunch of effects, split screens, stills inclusion ... made in China like our drones ... works for me well.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4