Best type of glue for rebuild

Reaction score
Currently putting my P2 back together after stripping it right down for a paint job.

One thing I noticed is that many of the screws and some of the connectors were made more robust in original assembly with dabs of white glue to absorb vibrations.

I think it might be a mistake to just refit the internal screws and connectors without doing the same.

I can experiment with various types from the stationery shop, but can anyone recommend any specific product which will do the job effectively safely and cheaply?

Thanks.

I've been told not to use Loctite on any of the Phantom screws as it will dissolve the plastic the shell is constructed from. I'm not sure what adhesives are safe, but apparently loctite isn't.

HailStorm said:
I've been told not to use Loctite on any of the Phantom screws as it will dissolve the plastic the shell is constructed from. I'm not sure what adhesives are safe, but apparently loctite isn't.

Nice to know - thank you.

I am really talking about putting glue on the heads of the screws - e.g. the USB PCB screws, the RX PCB screws, the battery connector screws. I can chance it and not bother, but would prefer to gunk them over with something so they are as I found them when I dissaembled.

HailStorm said:

And that is my favorite glue, the super gel version. I may put a bit on my P1, out of sight, to check. What about CA RCglue types?

HailStorm said:
Yes, that was what people were doing, dropping a bit of thread lock on the screws, then their shells would crack.
This thread might be helpful to you Hughie;

http://multirotorforums.com/threads/pha ... ing.11372/
Yes thanks! I will keep well away from loctite.

Actually the glue I am looking for is not so much for use on the thread but is dropped on the head and over the PCB - after it has been fastened. Sort of encourages the head not to rotate or vibrate loose if you know what I mean. It looks like a white adhesive.

Hughie said:
HailStorm said:
Yes, that was what people were doing, dropping a bit of thread lock on the screws, then their shells would crack.
This thread might be helpful to you Hughie;

http://multirotorforums.com/threads/pha ... ing.11372/
Yes thanks! I will keep well away from loctite.

Actually the glue I am looking for is not so much for use on the thread but is dropped on the head and over the PCB - after it has been fastened. Sort of encourages the head not to rotate or vibrate loose if you know what I mean. It looks like a white adhesive.

Hmm, no idea what that would be. But I would also reinforce the security of the screws if I took my shell off and put it back on.
When I painted mine, I just bought a new shell, painted it, and moved everything over. The new shell came with new screws treated with that blue thread lock that DJI uses.

I am not positive but it looks just to be a white silicone to me. I though I also read that somewhere.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik