Best Travel Case (Airport) for P3S

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking to take my P3S abroad for the first time in July and I'm looking for some help in finding the best case for this particular purpose.

Do any of you have any recommendations? I'm looking for something that overs good protection but is as compact as possible really.

Thanks,
Ali

Posted this in the General Discussion section as well (hopefully that's allowed if not apologies and will happily take one down) just thought as i have a P3S i would pop it in here too as i know cut outs are slightly different depending on model.

Last edited:
Thanks I was thinking something like that originally but then I started to think about how that's perfect for protecting it on the plane etc when I get there it's not that good for traveling around :( too much choice out there!

I've been using this one for more than 12 months. It's been all over Europe, in trains, planes and aut...., cars! I thought that due to the price - I paid > £30 for it - it may not last that long, so I bought a second from China direct for £19. I've adapted it so I can carry my iPad and also it now holds a full Hoodman unit (which I'd like to add is excellent) too. Personally, it was important to me to have the reassurance of a semi-hardshell and given my experience, IMO, this has proved to be a good decision. Its fallen unscathed from the back seat of my the car onto concrete and earlier this year, onto an armrest then the floor of an aircraft cabin, when it was pulled from the overhead locker by an unapologetic idiot who, like many air travellers upon hearing the seatbelt sign being extinguished, sprung from his seat with their brain shouting "C'mon!! Grab the bag NOW.... (so I can stand here for five minutes whilst waiting for the door to be opened...."). Unfortunately, in their panic, they grabbed the top handle of my P3 case along with his backpack strap and when they yanked it out, he realised what he'd done so he just let it go, allowing the case to crash to the floor. Anyway, fortunately in both of these incidents, no damage was caused to either the case or the content, so I'm happy to report, it's performed flawlessly, Oh yes, as for the second case, that sits unused in its box in the basement.

I've been using this one for more than 12 months. It's been all over Europe, in trains, planes and aut...., cars! I thought that due to the price - I paid > £30 for it - it may not last that long, so I bought a second from China direct for £19. I've adapted it so I can carry my iPad and also it now holds a full Hoodman unit (which I'd like to add is excellent) too. Personally, it was important to me to have the reassurance of a semi-hardshell and given my experience, IMO, this has proved to be a good decision. Its fallen unscathed from the back seat of my the car onto concrete and earlier this year, onto an armrest then the floor of an aircraft cabin, when it was pulled from the overhead locker by an unapologetic idiot who, like many air travellers upon hearing the seatbelt sign being extinguished, sprung from his seat with their brain shouting "C'mon!! Grab the bag NOW.... (so I can stand here for five minutes whilst waiting for the door to be opened....")! Unfortunately, in their panic, they grabbed the top handle of my P3 case along with his backpack strap and when they yanked it out, he realised what he'd done so he just let it go, allowing the case to crash to the floor. Anyway, fortunately in both of these incidents, no damage was caused to either the case or the content, so I'm happy to report, it's performed flawlessly, Oh yes, as for the second case, that sits unused in its box in the basement.

Sounds like a good case unfortunately the link doesn't seem to work? Can you repost the link please?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic